Where to find track days?

Started by PolishPete, June 08, 2006, 12:10:59 AM

PolishPete

Hey guys/gals.  Where can I find track days, time, dates, cost, etc?  I live in the Chicago suburbs, so BHF, RA, even Grattan, anything within 3-4 hrs.  But most likely for BHF or RA.  Could anybody please give me and idea of what it costs and how the day goes for a regular trackday??  Thanks in advance for any replies.

cbirk

www.blackhawkfarms.com

www.nesba.com

www.privatetracktime.com

www.trackaddix.com

www.ccsracing.com

www.roadamerica.com

Does that help...

K3 Chris Onwiler

Sportbike Track Time is the way to go, Pete.  You'll find a staff there that will go out of their way to work with you and help you get faster.  We run track days at Autobahn, Gingerman, Blackhawk, and Road America, which are the four CCS tracks closest to you.  There are many other tracks to chose from, including Grattan and Putnam Park.  Our schedule is so full that you can ride almost every weekend!  In fact, we were at Road America yesterday!
Our LED days are the best bang for your buck, featuring a limited number of entrants, and thirty minute sessions instead of twenty.  Most of our events are not LED days, but you still ride for 20 minutes each hour.  The cost is between $150 - $200, depending on which track you choose.  That's a real track time bargain compared to CCS racing, which is why many aspiring racers spend time with us to learn and get fast before they mount a serious assualt on racing.
www.sportbiketracktime.com  is our web site.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

PolishPete

Thank you very much for your information guys!!

PolishPete

Hey Chris...what is the deal with Autobahn on the 19th...is that different....I see you need to call MCC to register.  What is the cost??  Thanks so much for your help.  Wish I knew about this a couple days ago so I could have gone to RA.  Oh well!!

Woofentino Pugrossi

With K3 on this. STT is a fine group. Also after watchign the PTT trackday at NHF yseterday I was quite impressed with how well it ran. Was nice to see a vintage class full of early 70's cafe bikes.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

K3 Chris Onwiler

Yeah Pete, MCC bought some time that weekend.  We've been selling blocks of spots to shops that want to provide trackday experiences for their customers.  I know MCC bought all the slots for Monday, and that is sold out.  Chicago Sport & Cycle has some Sunday slots available.  Call them at 708-371-2201, and you'd better call first thing tomorrow.  Kathi Wolf is the primary contact there, but there will be others who can sign you up as well.
Hope to see you out there!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

K3 Chris Onwiler

BTW, STT is holding an LED day at Blackhawk this Monday.

mdr14

Here is just a different perspective on the different track day organizations

http://www.nesba.com/TrackTalk/bb/Forum8/HTML/002473.html

Each organanization appeals to different riders for differnt reasons.

Don't listen to opinions.

Check both groups out and make your own informed decisions.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

PolishPete

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: mdr14 on June 09, 2006, 02:54:15 PM
Here is just a different perspective on the different track day organizations

Matt, this kinda rubs me wrong.  Why would you post a link to a thread where people are dissing STT?  I could surely find more than a few similar threads dealing with problems that have occured at NESBA events.  I know that a big part of your business comes from the NESBA crowd, but dude!  What is that old saying about glass houses and bricks?
It seems to me that people can and do get hurt with any organization.  Even your mom got hurt at a NESBA day, and she's a highly competent Control Rider!  (BTW, tell her I said "Get well quick!  Your mom is AWESOME!)
Road America is a difficult track to patrol.  It's four freaking miles long!  Aside from that, no matter how you try, as a coach you can't control the throttle hand or decision-making ability of a customer.  What racer hasn't seen an amateur crash when he was already 15 seconds off the pace?  Anyone can crash at any time.  All they need to do is make a bad decision.
We had a number of people out there riding outside the intermediate rules.  All who were seen were talked to.  We actually held several extra rider's meetings throughout the day to emphasize the rules, and to caution riders about the specific problems inherent to Road America.  The rider who was passing under waving yellow recieved a tounge lashing so severe that he lodged a complaint.  This rider was given a second chance, and he went right out and broke more rules!  It just goes to show that some guys don't listen.
There's something about Road America that brings out the testosterone in riders.  You do what you can to control them, but in the end each rider rides his or her own bike.  NESBA's passing and Control Rider policies really annoy many of the riders who have therefore chosen STT instead.  I guess that's the great thing about America.  You have freedom to choose, and options aplenty!

STT-GUY

K3,

Don't worry about it, you and I and Rob have forgotten more about class than many will ever know.

It's just kind of sad that some people will never come to know or maybe just don't care to understand that "Discretion is the better part of valor"

Unfortunately at times the high road can also be a lonely road.

Monte
Sportbike Track Time
www.sportbiketracktime.com