Where to find track days?

Started by PolishPete, June 08, 2006, 12:10:59 AM

splyn

i ahve experience with only three different track day orgs (NESBA, TPM, STT), mostly due to the frequency and location of the events. in the four shourt years of riding with these orgs, i have been able to see that although each org handles itself differently, each orgs main concern is safety. but there is only so much policing an org can do, it also depends on the riders. they have to follow the rules set forth by the org. but even if everyone is playing nicely, incidents do occur. and when they occur, do we immediately blame the organization? mistakes are sometimes made, accidents sometimes happen, but we are all human.

i have also noticed the fickle nature of peoples impression of track orgs. of the three orgs i am familiar with, each one has been in and out of favor a few times based on the ebb and flow of the riders impressions. i have heard people refusing to ride with organizations becuase of "no refund because we did four laps in the rain", "that event was a crash fest, i am never riding with them again", "i cant get bumped because the CRs never notice me even when i ask them for help", "we ran 15 minute sessions" or whatever teh bithc was. but this is constantly changeing. at the beginning of a season A is better than B, but mid season, C is WAAY better than A and B, etc.

my point is, people need to ride with different orgs to see which one they like better, and not let single incidents taint the reputation of an otherwise good org. as i stated above, each is has safety at the top of their goals, but they each run their events as they feel is best for them.

and when it boils down to it, track time is like pizza. even when its bad, its still pretty good.

Dutch110

That was the best post of this entire thread yet  :thumb:

sportbikerchic

Quoteand when it boils down to it, track time is like pizza. even when its bad, its still pretty good.
I dunno man... I had that Papa John's fajita pizza the other day.  That was rather bad.  ;)

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: splyn on June 14, 2006, 10:59:04 AM

my point is, people need to ride with different orgs to see which one they like better, and not let single incidents taint the reputation of an otherwise good org. as i stated above, each is has safety at the top of their goals, but they each run their events as they feel is best for them.

and when it boils down to it, track time is like pizza. even when its bad, its still pretty good.
GOING, GOING, GONE!!!  A home run with bases loaded!
:cheers:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

G 97

Yeah, but NESBA still sucks. 
G

Dutch110

I love nesbians. But only if they both are hot.....