Grand Prix on DVD

Started by spyderchick, June 07, 2006, 07:15:50 PM

spyderchick

Got this email today. I signed up for notification if this classic ever came to DVD. For those who love racing stuff, this one's an undisputed must have for your collection!

RESERVE NOW FOR JULY DELIVERY!!

There's still time to reserve your copy of Grand Prix on DVD!

Warner Home Video will release John Frankenheimer's classic 'Grand Prix' in the US on July 11, 2006 in a Two Disc 40th Anniversary Special Edition.
GP Cover Art 2 DVD

Special Features will include four never before seen documentaries and the archival film 'Grand Prix: Challenge of the Champions', taking viewers behind the scenes of '60s Formula One racing. The restored 65mm film will be released in widescreen format with a re-mastered Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack.

To reserve your copy of Grand Prix from the first shipment on July 11, fill out the Secure Order Form at www.PutGrandPrixOnDVD.com. Orders will be filled by The Motorsport Collector in Downers Grove, Illinois. All Major Credit cards accepted. We ship worldwide.

All of you who signed our online Petition - more than 7,000 fans from more than 40 countries - deserve credit for convincing the powers that be to release this classic bit of racing history on DVD. You made it happen!

As of now, we are only aware of a US/Canada release date. We'll keep you informed of further developments via email or you can visit isit www.MotorsportCollector.com or www.PutGrandPrixOnDVD.com for the latest information.

Sincerely yours,

Paul Zimmermann
Managing Partner, The Motorsport Collector
email: pz@motorsportcollector.com
phone: 630.515.1440
web: http://www.motorsportcollector.com
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

agron4

Heard the good news as well.  One of the few reasons to hook up the laser disc player was to watch Grand Prix.  Great sound on laser. 

One of the cheesiest movies of all time and great race footage, what's not to love.   :pop:

K3 Chris Onwiler

Three times Ima world champion onna my motorbike.  These carsa likea bomb!  Gasoline all around!  But the cars are faster, and that is the most important thing!

There's no reason to EXPECT gearbox trouble at Monaco....

We must begin to think about Spa!

In the war, I was a fighter pilot.  I shot down 17 American planes.  Does that bother you?

What would you have me do?  Assualt him with my crutches?

Pete?  Do you ever get tired?  Of the driving, I mean.  Lately sometimes I find myself getting tired.  Very tired.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Leave it to you to quote from the damn film.  :rollseyes: :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

K3 Chris Onwiler

You may be surprised Lex, but I know that movie even better than you might imagine.  I won someone a $50 bet once.  An SCCA corner worker had bought Grand Prix on Lazer disc, and he'd been dubbing engine noise from the movie onto a cassette.  On a Saturday at the Vintage car races, he'd played the cassette for another worker who was a friend of mine.  My friend said, "Chris would know that in a minute."  The other guy thought I wouldn't, and the bet was on.  They found me at lunch, explained the bet, and pushed play.  Faintly, and VERY far off in the distance,  I heard

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

(I closed my eyes....)    :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff:

the faint warble of a vee twelve on open throated Marelli mechanical injectors began to emanate from the speakers. About four seconds in, I said, "Grand Prix, Monza, first lap, back straight, Barlini leading in the Ferarri."

......aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAARRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

:jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff:

about the time I got that out, the first car had reached the location of the microphone that had recorded it

WAAAAROOOMMMMM!!!!OOOOMMMMOOOMMMOOMOOMOOOM WAAAROOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm..............
:jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff:

followed by the rest of the pack.

Well, I guess my just saying "Grand Prix" would have been enough to win the bet, but I'd even nailed the exact moment in the movie he'd started his tape with, and the poor guy was just floored.  My buddy and I drank every drop of that $50 away at Seibkins that night....  :cheers:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

:lmao:  K3   :lmao:

That was a really good movie.

Dawn   :cheers:
Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on June 08, 2006, 06:18:33 PM
You may be surprised Lex, but I know that movie even better than you might imagine.   :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Well, I guess my just saying "Grand Prix" would have been enough to win the bet, but I'd even nailed the exact moment in the movie he'd started his tape with, and the poor guy was just floored.  My buddy and I drank every drop of that $50 away at Seibkins that night....  :cheers:

Wanker and a show off.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org