Prizes & Silent Auction Items needed - Wegman weekend VIR June

Started by TrophyGal, June 07, 2006, 04:36:06 PM

TrophyGal

Below is my "official" press release, which you may have already seen on Roadracing World ..

Prizes are being sought for the Wegman Benefit Fund drive to take place during the CCS/ASRA event at Virginia International Raceway June 24-25.  Each person who contributes $25 or more to the Wegman Fund during the weekend will be eligible to enter the drawings.  Donations and drawing entries will be accepted in the Registration classroom (first floor of the North Tower) and winners must be present to win.

"I hope that the prizes will entice everyone to donate more than they normally would to Wegman.", said Jeanne Muse, CCS' head registrar and volunteer organizer for the drive.  Vendors, sponsors and individuals wishing to donate a prize should contact Jeanne (phone: 828-684-0195; email: jwmuse@earthlink.net).

To get the ball rolling, A & J Recognition, Jeanne's company, has pledged over $200 in Cash Prizes. In addition, the Paul Farrell Memorial trophy and a cash award of $50 will be given to the winner of Sunday's Amateur Middleweight SuperSport race. "This is our way of remembering Paul and doing a little something extra for novice racers, whom he helped in so many ways while he was alive.", she said. "I hope others will come forward to show their support for such a worthwhile organization."

To learn more about A & J Recognition, visit http://www.ajrecognition.com

I've already gotten a FABULOUS item!  Nate Kern has donated a set of Custom Corsa Leathers - Hooters Suzuki racing suit - Brand New (never worn) worth abt $2,000!  Looks like we'll be having a Silent Auction!

So .. since we'll be doing one Silent Auction .. may as well do more.  Put your thinking caps on to see if there's something can bring to VIR for the Wegman Fund Benefit drive!

Thanks in advance!

TrophyGal

Things are getting interesting!

For the Silent Auction, we have 2 volumes of motorcycle roadracing photographs donated by the photographer.  Over 1000 pictures of famous racers (many with autographs)!

Plus Mark Sorensen just called to say he is donating a box of 2006 calendars that have 11" x 17" photographs in them of the "big names" in motorcycle roadracing.

Still hoping to get more items .. so call me (828-684-0195), email me (jwmuse@earthlink.net), or just bring them to me at Registration by noon on Saturday!!

TrophyGal

More stuff has come in for the raffles & silent auction ...

A nice yellow & black hat & golf shirt .. autographed by Troy Bayliss.

Jennings GP has donated several gift certificates for TRACK DAYs .. each worth $145.

Nate's leathers have arrived .. they're gorgeous!

The calendars from Mark Sorenson are big and beautiful.  (We've decided that every person who donates $5 or more to the Wegman will get one.)  T'would be a great thing to take to the MotoGP with you to get autographs on those pictures.

See everybody soon!

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Gbord

Ditto.  If someone is the winning bidder, how will they be contacted?
Begin it now.