News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My new bike

Started by TZDeSioux, January 09, 2003, 06:33:10 AM

TZDeSioux

My 2003 Yamaha TZ250 isn't coming til sometime in February. That sucks major donkey balls. I was told mid January and now the shop in Japan isn't getting it til Jan 24-25th. Which means I won't see it till Feb since it takes 10 years to get to the US on a freight ship. Nothing like dishing out 18 large ones and having to wait 4 months for it to come.

Protein Filled

Damn it. That kind of sucks. I hope you have it ready for the first weekend. I would not want you to get beat by Ytak just cause you didn't have a bike...

That's why I stick to models you can drive off the showroom floor... ;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

sdiver68

Oh the humanity! :(

Good news is BHF isn't until April 4.  Bad news is it realistically usually takes 6-8 weeks to get somethng from Japan by the time its shipped and held up in customs.

You may want to check into pre-clearing through Customs if motorcycles are eligible for that program and "fast boat" which really means shipping to the West Coast and putting it on a train.  With those 2 done you may be able to get it in 3-4 weeks from ship date, although it will be a little more $$.
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

Steve,
I do believe that the broker I got the bike through has some deal with a customs agent that hey deal with all year long. Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks. I can live with a month as long as I have time to prep the bike for April. But it still sucks having to wait. :-/

TZDeSioux

QuoteDamn it. That kind of sucks. I hope you have it ready for the first weekend. I would not want you to get beat by Ytak just cause you didn't have a bike...

That's why I stick to models you can drive off the showroom floor... ;D

Like I need anything more than my pimp mackdaddy XR50 to beat wuytack..  ;D

sdiver68

Ok Brian, I would just double and triple check with your broker to make sure everything possible is being done!  You have to stay on top of those guys!

I used to work international logistics for a $2 Billion dollar import program for a Fortune 100 company.  My main job was dealing with Shipping Companies and Customs Brokers for merhandise coming from Asia, Pacific Islands, and the Sub-continent.
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

Steve,
Yeah I'm going to give those guys a ring today and see what they can do. thanks..

twocycler

QuoteMy 2003 Yamaha TZ250 isn't coming til sometime in February. That sucks major donkey balls. I was told mid January and now the shop in Japan isn't getting it til Jan 24-25th. Which means I won't see it till Feb since it takes 10 years to get to the US on a freight ship. Nothing like dishing out 18 large ones and having to wait 4 months for it to come.

When did you order the bike?  When I ordered my 2000 TZ, I had the bike by Dec 11th of '99.  I have imported many bikes from Japan.  The get shipped ocean freight to California and are then trucked here to Georgia.  It always takes 21-23 days to arrive here and clear customs.  Anything longer and something strange is going on.  Good luck.

Rocky Stargel
Team Stargel Aprilia

motomadness

Does Team Stargel Aprilia have a web site?  I have been looking for stats for both your team and your rider, not to mention the bike.

humble cup bike owner

twocycler

QuoteDoes Team Stargel Aprilia have a web site?  I have been looking for stats for both your team and your rider, not to mention the bike.

humble cup bike owner

Humble,

We do, it's at www.teamstargel.com  It's a bit stale as nothing has been done since the end of the AMA season (including Valencia).  Remind me to poke the guy that maintains it with a cattle prod.

Thanks,

Rocky Stargel
Team Stargel Aprilia

motomadness

Thanks for the web site.  

Got any pictures?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TZDeSioux

QuoteWhen did you order the bike?  When I ordered my 2000 TZ, I had the bike by Dec 11th of '99.  I have imported many bikes from Japan.  The get shipped ocean freight to California and are then trucked here to Georgia.  It always takes 21-23 days to arrive here and clear customs.  Anything longer and something strange is going on.  Good luck.

Rocky Stargel
Team Stargel Aprilia

Rocky,
I ordered the bike from Elias Corey in early Nov. I'm assuming I'm getting a bike from the second production run. Their Japanese shop is taking delivery of the bike on the 24th of January so maybe I'll get the bike 3 weeks from then? Have you had any experience with Elias?
Thanks