News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

would anybody else be mad

Started by jer271, June 01, 2006, 02:33:46 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Oh, and don't quit.  You're too talented, and aside from that too stubborn to go out like a punk. :wtf:
So what to do?  Regroup.  Valley can and will build you the motor that you expected to get before.  Just specify that you want it to last.  Ask Ed Key about the balance between longevity and max power....
You also know that Kwaterski, Lithium, and Superbike Italia can all build you safe, excellent suspension.  Choose one and stay with them for the long haul.  Suspension has to be developed.  It's important to let your tuner have a period of time to get your bike dialed in to your specific style.  All that leaves is showing up and going fast, which you already have shown that you know how to do.
Don't quit, bro.  Just get better shops in your corner!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

jer271

Thank you very very much for the props Chris, It really means alot to me

K3 Chris Onwiler

:kissy:

Yeah, whatever.  I call 'em like I see 'em.  And you sure don't have to tell me how it feels to have more drive and desire than money.  Take the rest of the year off and regroup if you have to, but don't walk yet.  You have unfinished business.
(I'm merely recycling a speech Rhiannon gave me a few years back, so I can't really take credit for all this wisdom....)
:biggrin:
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

jer271

:whine: is this the proper sign for me right now or what, Iam only preaching to the choir about all this, to many guys warned me about my purchase last winter when I bought it  :jerkoff: pretty much is what I was told

jer271

Jeff I love these new cartoon guys

K3 Chris Onwiler

Well, now you have to hang around if only to warn others!

Super Dave

Even new parts can be hard for manufacturers to have on hand for current year models.  Part of JIT inventories to reduces overall costs.
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Not sure what you meant there, Dave. :wtf:  Maybe you just shouldn't say anything?

Another possible reason could be that the shop hasn't been paying its bills, and has therefore been cut off by its suppliers.  I've heard this rumor straight from the lips of two different motorcycle supply warehouse sales reps in reguards to one of the Chicago North-side area race shops....
But perhaps this shop can be saved from bankruptcy if we the racing community all pool together and send them some fresh victims.... er, customers!

jer271

Well uh, lets clear something up a lil more here. 
A. They "shop 10" built the motor all brand new for Safty first racing-SS bike with A FX head so I was   told and a couple of other cool parts
B.  it was ran at Lithium for a breakin a couple of heat cycles and up and down the road
C. Then the bike was Dynoed and mapped
D. I brought the bike home and rode it on the street for the day putting miles on it
E. went out the first practice at RA easy on it then started racing it hard

Did I,  in turn,  do something wrong on the breakin here or NO. I thought for a race bike I did everything right by even riding it for the day with my street plastic on. So if it was all brand new, when I paid for that " A brand new Rebuilt motor " why,  when the bike let go do I Have to wait this long to go racing again. I also dont think its right that Kevin Hanson, who has been really cool about the whole thing, has to chase around for used parts because somebody else had too do something wrong somwhere. Not to mention Kevin is a little busy this time if year and peeon club racer like MYself isnt really a priority now. My opinion the motor should be rebuilt by the builder and if there was a malfunction like I was told with the parts supplied by suzuki he should take that up with them, not put me on the back burner.

jer271

Also lithuim put oil in the bike and new filter,  and after the first practice session I did a new filter and oil @RA.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Sounds like the motor was broken in properly.  I would throw a leg over anything Lithium built and ride it like I stole it.  Too bad Lithium only mapped your motor, and weren't the ones who built it.
What Suzuki parts failed?  That Suzuki....  Always engineering parts that fail....

Super Dave

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on June 04, 2006, 03:06:34 PM
Not sure what you meant there, Dave. :wtf:  Maybe you just shouldn't say anything?

Another possible reason could be that the shop hasn't been paying its bills, and has therefore been cut off by its suppliers.

Not sure, but I never knew any race prep shops that are OEM dealers. 
Super Dave