Notice: Friday practice 9-23 at VIR

Started by phillip, June 01, 2006, 11:16:33 AM

phillip

Just read this on Cornerspeed's bbs;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarification on Friday practices.
When VIR owned the Friday practices, we, Cornerspeed, ran the event and paid VIR for a portion of the day to have a school. VIR found that due to the inconsistency of racer attendance and weather watchers (as an ex-racer, I am guilty of this too!) that they, VIR, was losing money by hosting the Friday practices. So VIR got out of the practice hosting business and offered the practice up for privately hosted days. We, Cornerspeed, took several of the dates.

Last year, I ponied up the bucks to host the practice and as an ex-racer, kept the price at $110. IF it were not for the school being present on these Fridays, I would have lost thousands of dollars last year on the racer practices due to poor attendance. As it stood, I worked my butt off to make next to nothing on these days. As Kevin Elliott pointed out to me, this is not a charity event for racers sponsored by Cornerspeed therefore, the price is up to $135 which is $30 less than our normal MONDAY practice and as everyone should know, Fri-Sun rates at VIR come at a premium price so $135 is a smoking deal for a Friday.

That being said:
DUE to the VERY LOW Racer pre-registrations, (we only have about 10 pre-registered racers) there is about a 80-90% chance that I will add a Sport Enthusiast (street rider) class to help pay for the 6/23 track day. This means that the school will take 20 minutes per hour, the Enthusiasts will take 15-20 minutes per hour and that will leave 20-25 minutes per hour FOR ALL RACERS. This also comes under the advisement of CCS management since they also do not want to see us lose money.

My apologies to anyone offended but I cannot afford to operate this business at a loss nor should I be expected to do so. If I don't have at least 45-50 racers pre-entered by Monday, June 5th, you can most assuredly count on me adding an S.E. group to cover expenses. You are welcome to post this on CCS forums.

A.S.
To sign up go to cornerspeed.net/schedule.html the schedule page.
Phillip
EX 56
Cornerspeed.net

phillip

You better check this out if you want to practice on the 23rd. http://www.cornerspeed.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=419
Pre regerstration may be needed to get in.
Phillip
EX 56
Cornerspeed.net