New UltraLap coming?

Started by tshort, January 08, 2003, 12:10:14 PM

tshort

Anyone heard about this?
New model of the Ultralap:
* Support for true split times -- multiple transmitters may be placed around the track and intermediate times within each lap will be recorded. Our transmitter will have an additional switch that selects between "start/finish" and "split" -- you would set up one transmitter in the start/finish mode and any number of other transmitters around the track in split mode. The Ultra-Lap can tell the difference between the two because a different frequency of infrared pulsing is used. The "start/finish" frequency will still be compatible with AIM devices. The "split" frequency will not trigger the AIM devices.

* Thinner receiver (box with display) -- .65" thick as opposed to 1.15" thick. Much less bulky up front.

* All 3 boxes (I/R receiver and transmitter in addition to main receiver) are machined aluminum. Previously, only the main receiver box was aluminum -- the other two were plastic.

* Records ambient temperature for each session.

* Tracks may be picked from a list -- so you don't have to re-enter a track name when you are switching from one track to another

* Displays average lap time for each session.

* Lower power consumption for longer battery life. Uses one AA battery instead of two AAA batteries.

* Improved infrared sensitivity.

* USB download cable as opposed to RS-232. Self-powered by the USB cable, so it does not require the bulky and clunk power transformer.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Decreasing_Dave

I"M IN!!!!!!

When will they be available??

I was looking to buy one anyway, I guess I'll wait. :-/

Xian_13

I also was looking to buy one come april..

Is it april Yet? ???
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

sportbikepete

I am a dealer and yes new version end of January.

Litespeed

I already have the original one but having a better sensitivity on the IR seems to be a feature that was needed.  I don't know if it's been bad luck or what but both my brother and I have missed a ton of lap times and sometimes full days due to the receiver not picking up the beacon consistently.  

tshort

QuoteI am a dealer and yes new version end of January.

Pricing (receiver only)?  Group (say, 4 or more) discounts for racers?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Decreasing_Dave

QuotePricing (receiver only)?  Group (say, 4 or more) discounts for racers?

Can we get away with just buying the receivers??

tshort

QuoteCan we get away with just buying the receivers??

I would have thought so - both Mychron and XT sell theirs separately now.  Chances are someone is going to have a sender at any of the events I attend, so for now I'm not going to bother.  And the UltraLap works with the Mychron senders.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

sportbikepete

Yes you can get just the receiver. I do have a deal for racers. They have not said anything about a price increase but I will have to wait until it is released. Change that I'll find out Thursday.

GAMEDIC

I will have them if you want them..if you can get hold of me this week and order them now i can give them to you at the old price....706-236-9338 we are also going to have our store open next week for anyone in N GA area...

Litespeed

Since this is an XT thread anyways, has anyone else had issues with missing laps (and I don't mean just an occasional one) wile using the XT with a Mychron beacon?  I sent an email to XT stating that we are having problems and there first reply was that we should be using there beacon instead of the Mychron.

GAMEDIC

well that would make sence...if it is an XT timer use the beacon for it..if it is Mychron use the one for it...otherwise they would have the same type...

Litespeed

Yes, but they advertise compatibility with the Mychron beacon.  Maybe they should say "Once in a blue moon you will get lucky and actually get lap times while relying on a Mychron beacon."  The other puzzling thing is that others at the track are using the XT's and I haven't heard them say anything about it, though I will ask them next time out.

GAMEDIC

LOL....mayeb it will work out  ;D maybe it was the weather ;D

Super Dave

Um, I feel left out...

I haven't heard of XT.  They have a website for their product?
Super Dave

sportbikepete

GAMEDIC

look at my site...and go to the store and lap timers and you will see... www.2centsracing.com

sportbikepete

lololol beat ya to the punch.  ;)

GAMEDIC

lol....you suck.... ;D oh well either way..BTW our store will be open in Rome Ga next week

Litespeed

You could also try www.xtracing.com if you are just looking for info :).

sportbikepete

:P our shop is closed for renovations in north western NJ.  ;D

oldguy

The Ultra Lap works fine with the MyChron IF, I say IF, you put an external 12V battery on the transmitter and switch it to the 60' scale. Also should be on a tripod or fairly level with the sensor on your bike. Ultra is sensitive to placement, but works fine with the MyChron transmitter if it is set up as above..