RATE the Track Addix GP weekend at MAM

Started by Jeff, May 30, 2006, 02:40:49 PM

How would you rate the performance of the organization over this last weekend?

1 - Poor / Bad
0 (0%)
2 - Needs improvement
2 (6.5%)
3 - Neutral / Undecided
2 (6.5%)
4 - Good
17 (54.8%)
5 - Excellent
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Jeff

Just wanted to get everyone's take and see how you liked the weekend from a company/organization perspective.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Jack_Brock

I'd say excellent if we are taking into account that this is their first attempt.

They certainly had a few curve balls thrown at them and dealt with them well.  They do have a few kinks to work out, but I believe Track Addix may end up being the new standard for race organizations.  Congrats on a job well done, and I look forward to running the series.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Jeff

From my perspective I thought it was "good".

Things I liked:
Transponder/Timing/scoring system was very nice.  Cool to see the fast lap time on the race results
All day Saturday practice ROCKED!
Pre-entry allowing us to pay gate fee & everything

Things that could use improvement:
Race calls need to be consistent.  Give name & race number (middleweight GP, race 15 first call, etc).
Race results need to go up much faster.  4 hours is a long time to wait for results.
Number board for meatball flag needs to be larger.  I knew it was me but couldn't find the number posted for 3 laps.  Finally saw it in about 4"- 6" numbers.  That's pretty small at +100mph.

Another thing I was not going to bring up on the board, but I guess I will...  I don't know how I feel about Dean actually racing in the series.  From my perspective, if you're the business owner, you need to be working and making sure everything runs smoothly, not out racing.  It brings about the thought of "hey, why is he racing instead of getting our results posted?".  Probably more of a personal professionalism thought than anything real serious, but it's something that I thought of over the weekend.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Snacktime

I thought things went well especially for the 1st event. I personally would like to see some races moved to Saturday, but I'm old and sore as hell today. 3rd calls need some work. Sitting out in the sun for 15-20min before a race is not a good thing.
He has shown that he is flexible with the schedule (ala canceling TC and extending practice due to the hurricane) and may make some changes in the future. As far as him racing in the series, he has always said this would be a race series run by racers. I think it would give him a good perspective on what's going well and not so well, and it's not like he's cleaning up  :biggrin:.
I talked with him yesterday and he wants as much feedback as possible. So send him an email on what you liked and didn't like.        -Snack

tstruyk

I cant comment on sunday as I was in Race #1 and was out the door... but here are my thoughts on everything else.

First and foremost, welcome to a "make sense" race series.  Although it affected me by canceling the TC due to weather and shifting to a full day of practice (MAM let us run late) it suited the majority... made sense.  Getting the trucks out to drive and dry the track got us a line early.  Running no sessions until the track filled... it was all well done.

Like I mentioned I have no idea how the sprints went on sunday as I was gone, but from a personal experience leading up to that it seemed like a very smooth weekend.  I really didnt notice anything different from a logistic stand point that wasnt addressed ahead of time.  

Only negatives that I experienced... couldnt pay our gate fee when we showed up, where allowed to enter if we left a CC or DL with the gate worker.  One of our guys was concerned with this as we needed CC to check into the hotel and DL to drive there... he reluctantly gave up his race liscense as "collateral".  I dont know what the solution would be (yeah I know, preregister)  not a big deal, just a slight inconvenience.  the only other negative I could see was having to pull the transponder bracket and return it as well.  talked with Kim about it briefly, the reasoning was understandable.  I think I'll just buy one... cant be more than $5-$6 bucks.

I dug the scoring, very easy to follow and read, scored by fastest time was easy to see where you where (in the back haha).  Didnt see results for my GT by the time we left, but we where gone when the GTO was running.

As for Dean racing in his series... I dont mind it so much.  As long as there is enough staff to cover him and we/the day dont suffer for it I'm ok with it.  Now him running 7- 8 classes might be an issue but I am thinking he mentioned just doing the F40??  

4 hours for results could be cleaned up...

Crash pick ups seemed effecient.

Very kind and courteous staff (thanks again for the pizza!!!), big thanks for the heads up when the storms where a rollin in!!

Overall I give it an 8 of 10.  Not a "perfect" weekend... but lets be honest, when is it!

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

extrakt0r

Quote from: Jeff on May 30, 2006, 02:54:33 PM
4 hours is a long time to wait for results.

Jeff, I like the idea of posting all morning race results at lunch and all afternoon race results at the end of the day and here is why...

What if you have back to back races? Or what if the results are posted when you are racing...

If you need to protest and/or contest a race if you know they will be posted at a certain time, then you can go at look at them...I know 95% of the time it will not be an issue, but just having the results posted one at a time, all day can cause confusion and could mess up a race result...

I believe the weekend went very well considering...

I like the flexability of the TA staff when we had the rain on saturday and they extended pratice...I don't know if CCS Forth Worth would be that flexabile, or any other org for that matter...

I DO NOT like all races on Sunday...I had a bike issue in one race that cause me to miss my final 3 cause we couldn't get it fixed fast enuf with every-other-races on Sunday...

I would be happy if they ran GT Races and a few sprints Saturday and then the rest on Sunday...

Race calls were very early, sometimes 3rd call was made when the crash truck was still in turn #3, leaving us sitting in hot leathers for a few minutes...
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

chasespeed

I thought everything went good, almost excellent.  Everyone was nice in the office and had all the paperwork straight, any questions I had they answered. Tech was fast and grids got posted in plenty of time for my races. I want to thank the corner workers for getting my bike up and on the crash truck for me. Looking forward to the next race!

Jeff

Mike, that's an interesting perspective...  If we knew when they would be up, then we could work around it...  In fact, I like that idea.  The only catch where I don't like it is that I don't want to wait around until after the last race to get results for a race I run right after lunch.  Dunno what the answer is.

As everyone (including myself) has mentioned though, it was a very well run weekend considering how much logistical garbage there is on a race weekend.  Well done guys.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Sobottka

i say extend the time to protest and post results asap and run a few races on sat. i found the t/a staff very friendly and helpful and love the "flexability". 8)
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

extrakt0r

It is going to be exciting in 2 weeks to compare TA CCS to FW CCS at Heartland Park...  8)

It will be fresh in everyone's mind the performance of TA and will be able to compare to FW really well...

On a different note, I was wondering if I had an isolated incident with my Transponder...

Zip-Tied to my fork, my Transponder managed to rotate it's self around the fork and get stuck between the ram-air duct on my R6 and the fork...Thus not allowing me to turn the bars to the right, and if anyone saw me slow down to like 2:00 laptimes in the MW race cause I couldn't figure out what was wrong, will know what I am talking about...

It was on really tight, but I proceded to duct tape it in place so it wouldn't move again...  :wtf:
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

tstruyk

I had mine on the fork and it was tight enough not to move on its own yet loose enough that when I turned my front end the body work or the fairing stay would push it around the fork... not much room to mount these, may have to go hard wired, more room with those.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

racrx451

As it was my second race ever.... I had a very good time and thought everything went pretty smooth... I watched a race where a guy lowsided coming out of turn 15, he tooe a second to gather himself and then got to his bike, picked it up and pushed it off before anybody yellow flagged it... soon after it was red flagged for another crash in turn 3.... The only things that I had a problem with were trying to hear 1st, 2nd and 3rd call from the the pits... (I know I can turn to 105.1 but I didn't have a radio).. and during the riders meeting Dean had asked if we needed to go over the flags (I didn't need to until I saw a waiving white for rolling the paramedics?????? All in all, I had a fun experience and Im looking forward to Blackhawk....
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451