News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Insurance claim

Started by dicatirider944, May 22, 2006, 11:59:30 PM

BuellGirlie

shady insurance scam on the gear, raising cane. 
1. sounds like you not only bought new gear when you didnt need it. 
2. you lied to your agent about the whereabouts and condition of your old gear. 
3. you bought even nicer gear than you previously owned.
4. you charged insurance "retail" so you could profit off it even further. 
5. you brag about your savvy ways.

that's hardly economics 101 for an insurance claim.  that might be economics for say, a shop owner, selling to the retail customer.  stop justifying it.  and please dont go around teaching it.

back to the subject at hand, sorry about the wreck ducatirider.  i also have a duc 900 SS/SP and they are quite special. state farm has always been great to me.  i had the unfortunate luck of dealing with them several times between 2001 and 2002 - totalled a jeep in CO when a unmaintained county road collapsed, had a jeep vandalized in Chicago, had the same jeep whacked on the street while parked in a hit and run festival down my block (yes, i moved out of that place!).  all 3 incidents - on my highly modified jeep - since none were "at fault" - were on the basis of "make whole".  that is, the insurance's purpose was the put me back at a spot i was, before the incident.  which included quite a few aftermarket parts.  they dropped my policies soon after (i would too, as a former business owner), but i always said that i'd go back to them the moment they'd have me.  so, i snuck back in 3 years later by first getting a condo policy, then 1 jeep, then the other.  and when my current bike policy expires, i'm adding 4 bikes to it.

good luck, work with state farm, they're good people.  be nice to your adjuster and focus on the "make whole" aspect.

D

racrx451

I have had 2 claims with state farm.... first off.... they give u nada value of the bike stock then they pay for all the extras u have on it...i.e. aftermarket parts... they give u $200 for clothing.. jacket included... helmet is not considered clothing so u will get full value.... better tell them all the goodies u have.... any questions??? email me.. 
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

msbrit1

Sorry about your wreck Brad.  I would say talk to the ins really nicely and see what they can do for you.  You seem to have bad luck by the way!  Either way glad that you are alright.  Where did ya wreck the bike at?
Explain whats going on and see if they will work with you. As a long time cust you usually have alot better luck. 
PS who's the agent?  I'm looking for bike ins and I don't think I'll go with them....