News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Mid-Atlantic Region

Started by reg21, January 07, 2003, 01:15:38 PM

reg21

Im deeply concerned about the new mid atlantic schedule. To start, since when is Alabama and Georgia in the mid atlantic section of this country. My idea is somewhere between New Hampshire and Virginia. I tryed racing Roebling Road in July last year. I lost 8lbs that weekend it was so damn hot. S VIR is about as far south as we should have to go for our region. Maybe CCS will start paying our fuel bills & travel expenses. Any thoughts? What happened to Pocono?? Yes, its a shit track but hey, its in the mid atlantic region.  Tiffany, i think you guys are great but the schedule could use a little tweeking.

Dawn

QuoteMaybe CCS will start paying our fuel bills & travel expenses.

Wow!

If you could work that out it would be wonderful.  Where we live in the mid-west the our home track is 4-1/2 hours away.   ::)

Dawn  

bmfgsxr

well, new hampshire certainly isnt mid atlantic. but no worries, i go there all the time and its a 4 hour ride for me. its about 4.5 -5 to summit, and 9 to vir... its just a part of the game. I cant even do mid atlantic since i cant make it down to georgia, and northeast is only one track. i cant even stick to a region. i would really like to know what is going on with rausch creek.

Bernie

I would rather push my bike down to Roebling than have to race at Pocono.

FullMoonRacing

All the 8itching about Pocono aside, we ALL have to admit that Birmingham Alabama and Savannah Georgia are not exactly "Mid-Atlantic" on the map.  

More on order for Mid-Atlantic is/should be Pocono, Summit Pt, VIR, BeaveRun, perhaps CMP, ...and of course, Rausch Creek (dang, I'm funny today).  

r6_philly

The greatest part about the MA schedule is ...  ::) Roebling and Barber are both twin sprint weekends, so if you miss all 3 weekends you miss 6 rounds.

So we looking at $300 of gas to get down there and back plus $400 of entry fees, its gonna be expensive for sure too

But at least I get to race liek 16 times and not out of region... so no complains, the more racing the happier I am  ;D

Eric Kelcher

Hmm seems like the twin sprint weekend for a race far away makes more sense if you spend X getting to a SP for Y races Z for hotel/camping/food and 2X getting to Barber you have 2Y races and Z for hotel/camping/food then the twin sprint is a good economic model for distant track.  :D
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Thingy

Hey, don't complain.  I race the Great Plains region and they took Hallet (Oklahoma) off the schedule and added Barber (Alabama) ???  So, instead of driving 10 hours to Hallett, I have to drive 16 hours to Barber.  

It sucks, but I will do it this year just because I have got to see this track.  It looks awesome.  Next year?  We'll see...
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Baltobuell

A week for Daytona is one thing, as much as I'd like to see Barber and Roebling, it ain't gonna happen. Really it's only 3 weekends and I missed more than that last year. all us non-rich or no vacation guys need to get together and hold a mini-non-points event at Summit Jefferson. Maybe through 1 of the track day groups. Missing 7 weekends in a row will drop lap times and lead to pushing harder and mistakes if I don't do anything.  Eric has a good point though if you're a point contender.
 July in Georgia, August in Alabama, Whew, drink lots of fluids you fast guys.

bmfgsxr

Quote A week for Daytona is one thing, as much as I'd like to see Barber and Roebling, it ain't gonna happen. Really it's only 3 weekends and I missed more than that last year. all us non-rich or no vacation guys need to get together and hold a mini-non-points event at Summit Jefferson. Maybe through 1 of the track day groups. Missing 7 weekends in a row will drop lap times and lead to pushing harder and mistakes if I don't do anything.  Eric has a good point though if you're a point contender.
 July in Georgia, August in Alabama, Whew, drink lots of fluids you fast guys.

lets do it at summit, ill be doing all the ccs weekends there

Bernie

There's no such thing as Santa Claus. :'(
There's no such thing as the Easter Bunny. :'(
There's no such thing as the Tooth Fairy. :'(
There's no such thing as Rausch Creek. :'(

Baltobuell

BMFGSXR, I sent a Email to NESBA just to get a feel for what they'd think about a afternoon sprint for the fun of it. I'll paint rocks for trophys if they let us. What would a race be without a prize.
 And what do you mean Bern, no tooth fairy? Once you've got kids, he lives, just like Elvis in turn 1.

TreyBone

I ran into Elvis in Turn 1 too ;D Only problem was,.. he stayed on my A$$ all the way through Turn 3 too :P

Baltobuell

Got a reply, Nesba doesn't want anything to do with anything considered a race. Understandable enough, that's not what track days are about. Oh well.

Devastator

If you're interested in racing at a track day and winning something ...  You can race 80cc GP's with Team Pro-Motion.  Below is their website for further info.  After opening the site, click on the upper right corner "GP Moto Cup".  Maybe you'll like ...

http://www.teampromotion.com/

sdiver68

Hey,

Alabama isn't in the Great Plains, neither is Michigan.

But.... Barber by all indications will be worth the drive.  Gingerman...well I'll go but ONLY because its on the schedule.

It's like this, if you just want to have fun and/or improve your skills, then just pick and choose the most convenient tracks and weekends from among the regions and yes even other race orgs.  Mid-Atlantic, aren't there several WERA events you can choose from?  Of course, the time spent safety wiring your bike could have been spent driving to a "far" regional!

BUT, if you plan on running serious for points in a regional series, then travel and time off work are part of the deal....unless you want to run a single track series like LRRS.
MCRA Race School Instructor