Amateur to Expert Criteria - SouthEast Region

Started by SfGentlemn, January 07, 2003, 07:56:41 AM

SfGentlemn

Two buddies and I just moved from N. Cal (AFM) to South Florida and cant seem to find a reference in the New Rider Package regarding the criteria for a change in status from Amatuer to Expert.

I rode expert in AFM from 94-97? but havent raced since. God has it been that long?? At any rate, coming back to the game and need to know if I need to take a new rider course w/ CCS etc, etc.

Assuming that I can ride my RS250 for the class as well...minus all the spiders and cobwebs.. I hope!

Leon_Eddins

Hi there !

Looks like you moved from the land of earthquakes to the land of Hurricanes,but the weather is not so mild. You have moved to the racing capital of the world, Better start off slow in the Florida CCS region or you might just get thumped good by these southern folks. All the racing in the florida region is promoted by Henry Degow and you can call him at (561)793-3394 to ask him if you can start as an amateur for the up coming season.

Good luck

Leon Eddins ;D

GPgofast

I'm not so sure Florida is the motorcycle racing capital of the world. 750 riders entered with 1500 race entries on a Sunday at Sears Point is "common" in the AFM. AFM tends to be a fairly deep pond also. GP

SfGentlemn

Thanks guys!

Chuckling here... Got to tell you...we never had an Earthquake season in NorCal ;) ;)

Definitely looking forward to getting back on the bike and will certainly try not to slow too many people down ;) ;)

You're right in that AFM has a fair amount of folks on track come Sunday... It's a good club, with some very technical tracks and its share of very talented riders.. Having said that, a buddy of mine who used to tune with Steve Decamp and the Hooters guys, then went on to British Superbike and then the last two years on the World Tour said that when he was in Deltona with Hooters, there were some local fast guys who went pretty damn well down here.. and he's seen some of the fastest and built a couple of motors for em as well..

Definitely NOT taking anything for granted!  In fact if you guys have any info you want to share, tips, tricks and tracks, you'll find three guys here who are all ears!

See you out there!!

Steven