Anyone know what configuration we're running at HPT?

Started by r1owner, May 13, 2006, 12:42:27 AM

r1owner

Burt Munro

I havn't heard this for fact but my best guess would be the 2.2 mile configuration.

This is based on the the Team Challenge race is listed for 69 laps which would be 151.8 miles at 2.2 miles per lap.  TC's are scheduled to be 250 km's which would be about 155 miles.  If we used the 2.5 mile course that would come out to about 172.5 miles (over 275 km's)

Kevin or Eric would have to verify this to be sure.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

GSXR RACER MIKE

In the June 2006 issue of Road Racing World the CCS section on pages 152 -153 says that we will be racing on the 2.5 mile Grand Prix course. They claim that "This year marks the first time bikes will race on the GP course", which I suppose is technically true if they utilize the newer section that was changed a couple years ago, otherwise I believe the GP course was raced in the past when the Dragstrip was the main straight away - I believe SUPER DAVE raced on that old GP configuration? :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

extrakt0r

I am 99.9% sure we will be racing the 2.5 mile course...It is awesome...I did a track day on it already this year, and just got back from a STT Track Day hosted by LM in which we did the 2.1, just yesterday...

Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

CCS

We are looking at the 2.5 but haven't made a final decision....we will let you know by June 1st.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Jeff

Just talked to Kevin.  Here's the plan.

Thursday practice will be opened up running the GP 2.5 mile course.

At lunch a determination will be made as to whether we run the 2.5 mile course or the 2.1 mile "Club Course".
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Snacktime

Sooo...for the Super Dave school on Sunday it would be?????