7 whole laps.... wow

Started by mdr14, May 09, 2006, 10:41:44 AM

mdr14

Gosh, 7 lap sprint races at BHF... I hope no one worked themselves too hard ::)

Are americans so lazy that can't even do 8 laps in a row?

Or is that CCS's attempt to be "Green" and help save gas?

Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Jeff

Squeezing in a 2 hour endurance race is not easy without cutting something...

Combined GT races and 1 lap shorter sprints were the result I guess...  I found the 7 lappers fun!  Go balls out as hard as humanly possible for 7 laps.  Now that's a sprint!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EM JAY

Check the rest of the schedules...looks like the rest of the year will be only 7 laps...
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

r1owner

If you want to do 8 laps, the pit bike fee is going to go up...

Woofentino Pugrossi

Last year they were cutting it close to the mandatory event cutoff times at BHF.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

Quote from: EM JAY on May 09, 2006, 11:49:07 AM
Check the rest of the schedules...looks like the rest of the year will be only 7 laps...

Dang...  didn't see that...  Makes me glad I'm running GTO...  I think we got in 14 or 17 laps this weekend, and that was in THICK traffic.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

superspud

Quote from: Jeff on May 09, 2006, 01:37:55 PM
Dang...  didn't see that...  Makes me glad I'm running GTO...  I think we got in 14 or 17 laps this weekend, and that was in THICK traffic.
GTO was lots of fun Saturday.. and the first race I've ever tried.  Definitely felt like I got my money's worth. ;D
CCS MW Am #778

Burt Munro

Let's see.... 7 lap sprints, a 78 lap Team Challenge and we finished right at 5pm.

Guess we could do 8 laps sprints and cut out some of the other stuff...... like throw away the red flag, send out the ambulance for only the even number races (sorry if you crash in an odd numbered race, you should have been more careful!), bike pickups only at the end of the day, etc.

I love to see critical comments from people who weren't even there!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

TommyG

I`ll vote for 6 lap races if it gets me home early!! ;D

mdr14

Hey back in my day sonny we did 9 lap sprints, on crappy skinny tires, with bike that had spindley little fork tubes and no suspension.. and we liked it..
Our GT races were 50 miles....

I'd like to see you do 50 miles on a 1991 ZX-6 D model with no front end suspension a crappy Fox shock and worthless EBC brake pads....

Last weekend I was getting fat over at Putnam and I was on the track for 10 laps in a row when I got around to getting out on the track... And I had lots of fun doing it.

Whatever
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: mdr14 on May 09, 2006, 06:36:37 PM

I'd like to see you do 50 miles on a 1991 ZX-6 D model with no front end suspension a crappy Fox shock and worthless EBC brake pads....

Lets see ya do 300 miles on a 68 knucklehead hardtail with a 140 rear tire. :D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

BuellGirlie

one day, i wont get lapped and will actually get 7 laps in a 7 lap race :) :) :)

D