News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

who was taking pics at blackhawk

Started by DanO966, May 08, 2006, 12:10:36 PM

unter_kid

It wasn't my intention to point the finger at either rider, rather just to give the perspective of another amateur.  Being on a track where some amateurs are being lapped 2-3 times in a sprint race by the expert leaders, there are bound to be some incidents.  It was an infortunate incident, which I did see.  Everyone has their own thing that they're doing out there, and it's easy to get caught up in the heat of the race.  Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.
Mike Anhalt

russ1962

Back to the topic of pictures...

How about if the various photog sites allowed someone to make the purchase, then download the files?  Seems like creating and sending a CD is a little outdated.  Plus, I'm an impatient jerk and I just want my shit NOW.

Anyone have pics of Expert #47? 

Thanks (if you do)
Pound sand (if ya don't)

Russ
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

Monkey_Star

Russ... there's pics up at www.gron4.com There's even pics of you!

Super Dave

Quote from: unter_kid on May 10, 2006, 10:40:20 AMBeing on a track where some amateurs are being lapped 2-3 times in a sprint race by the expert leaders, there are bound to be some incidents.

It's the responsibility of the rider behind to pass properly. 

If you're lapping a rider for the third time, you're still behind that slower rider and responsible for making a decent, safe pass. 

Expect the unexpected?  Easier to do that than have problems.  Maybe I just have a different perspective.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: russ1962 on May 10, 2006, 10:53:34 AM

Anyone have pics of Expert #47? 

Thanks (if you do)
Pound sand (if ya don't)

Russ

Maybe I have some nice pics of you off bike...

Sexy...:)
Super Dave

russ1962

Quote from: Super Dave on May 10, 2006, 11:36:21 AM
Maybe I have some nice pics of you off bike...

Sexy...:)

Dave, you disgust me.  I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

russ1962

Quote from: Monkey_Star on May 10, 2006, 11:25:18 AM
Russ... there's pics up at www.gron4.com There's even pics of you!

Saw those at Gron4...  awesome.  I wanna get them all, as usual my vanity forces me to buy all the photos I can find.  I just want to download them instead of waiting for the CD. 

And, if the Gron guys knew I am such a sucker for photos, there would be like a hundred of me listed there.  All the other photogs that we've worked with in the past know that I'll buy anything they have.

And no wise cracks about mysterious photos of me in a thong, they don't exist.

Super Dave

Super Dave

cbr806

QuoteFor example, At Road America, JT took out a number of riders, (there's a photo series of it.) Rhiannon was one of the riders taken out. She was completely sure right after the incident that she was on top of another riders bike into the kitty litter. Upon review of the photos, that was not the case.

Where can we see these pictures?  Are they posted anywhere?

agron4

PaulV

Ok,

D,

you may not know me, but there are plenty who do, and your actions, although arguably, could be looked at as a racing incident(s).  But with out clarification of your acknowledgement of your mistakes, and how they placed others, including yourself, in danger, its' not just "racing incidents".
When you target fixate on another rider, hit them, take them out of competition for the weekend, possibly longer, offer no signs of responsibility, apology or reparation, and then post up requests for photos (with out qualification of using them for clarification but your own personal amusement), what would others think?
When you cross the blend line into a hot race track, receive the meatball flag for two laps, and then stop on a hot race coarse at the visible dismay of the corner workers and track officials, what would others think?
The CCS racing community is made up of alot of different wonderful people, from various backrounds, groups etc.... The ONE thing we have in common is racing and the ground rules of safety and racing etiquette that we expect from each other.  Your post looking for pictures, with no further qualification of why you want them, outside of some helpful hints to photo posting, shows blatant disregard and lack of concern for the others who you endangered and should not be passed off as "a racing incident" but be addressed directly.
For those on this forum who choose to support these actions, that is your call.  I have made mine.  

Paul Vondrak
Polar-Optics
MW #90
See Better, Ride Safer!

DAmico

I love putting my two cents in:
1. Dave have you ever given any thought of quitting racing and going into politics. I have never seen anyone be able to have a topic thrown in front of them, talk for 10 minutes and say nothing . You got mad skills!! :o

2. Alexa it is more than conjecture or what ever big word you used. I have vested interest in both parties involved: I have been helping Dora get her bike running and setup and kevins bike, besides building his motor, that may now be junk, I have been close to it since conception. About three minutes after the "incident" my cell started going beserk with the EYE witness reports of said "incident".This included a testimony from the cornerworking staff at that corner after I arrived at the track.

Everyone on this board (including myself){that races} has pulled some bonehead move while on the track that has involved another rider. And anytime I did this I made sure to get over to the persons involved and apologize and explain to the person the events in my perspective...."uh well I thought I saw some room there.." and make sure the people involved are OK. The main thing is to say that "hey I screwed up and I'm glad I didn't kill you in the process."And I can say that 99% of the time I've had others come to me and do the same.
So i think it is the nonchalantness(wow can I spell or what, where the f**k is the spell check on this thing) with this whole situation that people are having a problem with not the said incident(I like saying "said incident").

Oh ya and I am still walking funny from doing 30 some consecutive race laps in the team challenge on Sunday.