News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

who was taking pics at blackhawk

Started by DanO966, May 08, 2006, 12:10:36 PM

Jeff

it was something that was out of place and out of the norm which catches my attention in my peripheral vision. I wasn't "LOOKING AT THEM", they were simply another object in the picture, and one which didn't belong.

Kinda like when a corner work stands outside of the box, in front of it where they don't belong.  They're not expected there, so you give a percentage of attention to them thinking that they are going to wave you off or something.

Like I said, I thought it was only me. 

They were laying IN THE GRASS on the track side of the fence (not the inside, spectator side, but the track side) about 30' off the track surface.  2 of them.  Jeans & black shirts.

It wasn't that big of a deal or I would have talked to Bill, I just brought it up since the topic came up of who was taking pictures.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Jeff on May 08, 2006, 08:09:40 PM
They were laying IN THE GRASS on the track side of the fence (not the inside, spectator side, but the track side) about 30' off the track surface.  2 of them.  Jeans & black shirts.

It wasn't that big of a deal or I would have talked to Bill, I just brought it up since the topic came up of who was taking pictures.

Honestly they shouldnt had been there IMO. I've seen guys pull off at 3 and ride right by the stand. If these guys were laying there (where I think you are saying they were) and that happened, someone either probably would had been run over or the rider would had dropped the bike.

Like you said Jeff, if one of the workers are "outside the box" its generally for a reason (other than our catch guys outside of 1, 3, 3A, 5 and gate areas and they are usually not in areas that they'll be a problem.)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

PaulV

Hey DannyO,

we shot a few, as usual,
at http://www.polar-optics.com/Polar-Optics%20LLC_files/Polar-Optics%20Racing%202006%20Images.htm

Great Weekend overall, Great to see everyone, Happy B-Day Big J!

Big, Big, BIG THANKS to the whole Polar-Optics Gang and the CCS Staff! 
All I can say is Wow!:)

Paul
Polar-Optics
See Better, Ride Safer!

Gron4

They were talked to by Tom......They were told many times to stop what they were doing.

ICUSTRN

it was something that was out of place and out of the norm which catches my attention in my peripheral vision. I wasn't "LOOKING AT THEM", they were simply another object in the picture, and one which didn't belong.

Kinda like when a corner work stands outside of the box, in front of it where they don't belong.  They're not expected there, so you give a percentage of attention to them thinking that they are going to wave you off or something.

Like I said, I thought it was only me. 

I was the one laying in the grass for a short time. I was behind the line of the railing and I felt safe where I was. I didn't realize it would be such a distraction and I won't shoot from there again. I apologize for being there. I was trying to get some different angles and probably pushed it a little too far.

Quote from: Gron4 on May 08, 2006, 09:48:54 PM
They were talked to by Tom......They were told many times to stop what they were doing.

You need to get your facts straight before you post. We were talked to ONCE by Tom and just had to clarify a few things. We were not "told many times to stop" what we were doing. The only issue with being on the railing was an insurance issue. I am aware that it is possible for a bike to come up as far as the railing and it is a risk I am willing to take. We stopped doing it after Tom spoke with us about it being a problem. Before we shot from any spot, we cleared it with the corner workers.

I'm not looking to cause any trouble and want to shoot as much racing as I can this year. I'm willing to concede that I (we) may have done a few things that we weren't aware distracted you guys. I'll be more conservative in the future.

Like has been said already, I was one of the guys shooting there last weekend. I am working on sorting and getting pics online. I only have three online right now, and am busy today. I will try to get a couple more online today, but tomorrow I will be back at it. I have a full time job and a busy schedule, so I can't spend as much time with the pics as I would like. My pics are at http://photos.icustrn.com for those that are interested.

-Ben

Jeff

Just for clarification, I didn't make my comment to start shit here.  I simply made a statement on my personal thought/experience.  I don't hold any malice toward any photographers, etc.  If it's that big of a deal to me, I'll address it with the race director, safety crew or camera person themselves. 

It wasn't really that big of a deal.  I just found it odd since there had never been a person taking pics from that location before, and there seemed to be a LOT of people out snapping shots.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

pbfaster

Quote from: Gron4 on May 08, 2006, 03:33:14 PM
Let it be known that Gron4 Photography(www.gron4.com) did not take any part in that what so ever.  They weren't just a distraction to riders!!  We are hard at work on our pictures and hope to have them up ASAP.  It was a crazy weekend.....We had never seen so many crashes in an event, nor have we ever gotten those crashes on "film"! 

Mikel Gronfor
Gron4 Photography

Hope you got my crash.....04 Slv R1 in turn 1 #18 Am......got to have something to show for it:)
www.gron4.com  
Quote from: Gron4 on May 08, 2006, 03:33:14 PM
Let it be known that Gron4 Photography(www.gron4.com) did not take any part in that what so ever.  They weren't just a distraction to riders!!  We are hard at work on our pictures and hope to have them up ASAP.  It was a crazy weekend.....We had never seen so many crashes in an event, nor have we ever gotten those crashes on "film"! 

Mikel Gronfor
Gron4 Photography
www.gron4.com  

Gron4

Quote from: pbfaster on May 09, 2006, 12:39:07 PM

We have quite a few pics of that wreck!  You were tossed around like a ragdoll!

ccsracer26

How about my T1 wreck on the last lap of the amateur GP race? It flip about 10' in the air but I picked it up and it looked ok so I finished the race. I think I was in 6th when it happened...DUH! Would be pretty neat to see a few pics of those 30 secs.
Thanks,
Ryan
#26 Amateur
Ryan Gibson

Gron4

Quote from: ccsracer26 on May 09, 2006, 01:53:40 PM
How about my T1 wreck on the last lap of the amateur GP race? It flip about 10' in the air but I picked it up and it looked ok so I finished the race. I think I was in 6th when it happened...DUH! Would be pretty neat to see a few pics of those 30 secs.
Thanks,
Ryan
#26 Amateur

That I don't thnk we got....Was that right after the crash in 4d?

ccsracer26

I cant remember whether there was a crash in 4d that race or not. It was the fourth race after the team challenge, the Speedscreen Unlimited GP.  Black/Maroon 04 R1. Gibson on the back of black MotoGP leathers in metallic red lettering....does that ring a bell? Would great if anyone has pics of it.
Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan Gibson

Gron4

Quote from: ccsracer26 on May 09, 2006, 04:05:02 PM
I cant remember whether there was a crash in 4d that race or not. It was the fourth race after the team challenge, the Speedscreen Unlimited GP.  Black/Maroon 04 R1. Gibson on the back of black MotoGP leathers in metallic red lettering....does that ring a bell? Would great if anyone has pics of it.
Thanks,
Ryan
I don't believe we got you crashing....kinda funny everyone wants to see their crashes....don't you guys want to forget them? :)