What's up with the ice race at Lake Koshkonong?

Started by Protein Filled, January 06, 2003, 10:33:57 AM

Protein Filled

Anyone one the latest news on the 3 hour endurance at Lake Koshkonong? I am thinking of going and was wondering if you guys have any ice out there yet? Is the race still on? Or is it going to be a jet ski race?  :)

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

the_weggie_man

Al Sumner at 262-754-0686 is the number for info, or try steelshoe@wi.rr.com.

Last I heard there was not enough ice and the weather does not look good. Only 10 days to build enough ice and I don't think that's going to happen. :-/

HandleThis66

oh noooo...if edgar is going to be there, we are all doomed ;)  i'm sure to lose, now.  just kidding edgar, if it's still on i'm looking forward to racing against you again.  who's gonna ride with you, and what are you riding?  talk soon - rhiannon :-*

Protein Filled

Oh yeah. I am looking to put a whooping on that Jesse J. kid. Gotta teach him how to ride sideways you know... ;D ;D ;D

Hey Jesse, JK. If we do get to race, please be kind when you blow by me...remember, you must be nice to your elders. YTak already told me what you were doing to him last time.

I am not sure what I would be riding. I talked to a couple of people in this area and we are trying to figure that out now. I think Tommy Mason, Adam Dolney and maybe some others (Gary Carter, Steve Atlas, etc) may come along. We'll have to see what happens with the ice first though. At least we have plenty of ice here so we are getting a bit of practice. We have been out there like 5 times since the 25th of December.

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

YTAK_Racing

Jesse torments me out on the ice.  He blows by me and roosts ice fragments in my face.

.....no respect.   ;D

Y

YTAK_Racing

I just got off the phone with Al.

Its up in the air about location , but the date remains the same.  They may move it North where thier is less chance of drowning.  ;)

Al said they they would not make thier choice until mid next week.

Y

andy342

If anyone is looking for an alternate place to ride, Gravity Park in Chilton has their banked clay oval iced over.  I was out on it on new years day.  No danger of drowning there.

They are running Jan 18 and 25, and Feb 1 and 15.  I also think they have practice every Wednesday.

fantasymoto.com for more info

Super Dave

And as a reminder, here in Eagle, a mere 20 minutes from the race on the ice...

It will be 46 degrees today with no freezing tempertures over night....

And fifties for tomorrow.

Then it will get cold.  Hopefully enough to be good to play on Saturday.

Edgar...

If you're gonna try to keep up with Jesse....   Good luck.  He's the man.  You might as well go try and chase Chris Carr.  And he's soooo smoooth{/i].  Nice to just watch.
Super Dave

Protein Filled

QuoteEdgar...

If you're gonna try to keep up with Jesse....   Good luck.  He's the man.  You might as well go try and chase Chris Carr.  And he's soooo smoooth{/i].  Nice to just watch.

Try to keep up? Hell, I am hoping he doesn't use me as a berm!!!

;D ;D ;D

Bam55

Move the race up here (Wausau,WI), we have about 10 inches of ice, that is more than safe. Wausau is 2 hours north of Madison and two and a half hours away from Minnisota. We have been riding for a little over a month making different courses each and evey time. If interested call (715)355-2152 Or email pittpass55@aol.com

PJ Thornton
   Ex #55 CCS MW

YTAK_Racing

just saw the 7 day forcast. The daytime highs wont reach above 25 after thursday so it looks good for ice.  We'll all get frostbite though

TZDeSioux

Real men don't get frost bite until  40 below you pussois.

YTAK_Racing

speaking of pusses....You want to ride this weekend kwak?

TZDeSioux

damn mofo.. you going riding on ice every weekend? Don't go hurt yourself before the season starts jackson! I might want to go? What day? I hope not sunday because I have to go to church. :)

the_weggie_man

Bam55

To move the race we need a place with some facilities.  We can't do this without a place for registration, food, drinks, restrooms, awards etc.  An organized event that runs some 30 teams, support people and spectators for over 8 hours needs more than just ice. :(