News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Where can I order Pirelli tires

Started by diesel748, January 06, 2003, 09:57:11 AM

diesel748

HELP! I need to order Pirelli tires for my duc to start the 2003 season.

Eric Kelcher

Unless you are needing to spend some contingency certs then you are better off waiting until you get to the track 99% of the time. At the track they will be mounted and balanced for you  N/C. Most times the price is also cheaper than what online or mailorder is when you add freight and you still hav eto get them mounted/balanced which can add another $50.

Add in that the track side vendor knows what compound works for which bike on which track and what pressures to run that day you are better served just starting out buying at the track.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

TZ_Boy

What is the name and phone number for the Mid-west supplier of Pirelli race tires?

Protein Filled

Tom Mason at MRT. His number is 612-250-9122
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

BC61

East coast supplier is Trackside Racers Supply. Moose is the main guy, phone number is 828 235-8400

TZ_Boy

Thank's Edgar. ;D
Do you have white paint on your bike yet?  This should make you easier to spot on the last lap. :P ;D ;D

Protein Filled

QuoteThank's Edgar. ;D
Do you have white paint on your bike yet?  This should make you easier to spot on the last lap. :P ;D ;D

oooh, ouch. Have you been taking harassment lessons from K3 and Casper?

Actually, I made a deal with Tiffany that I would send her a box of chocolates and a dozen roses weekly for the whole next season and she would let me stay amateur! I think it's a bargain!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

TZ_Boy

Is this the same deal that Brian has?  I am going to have to send a letter to Mr. Elliot explaining how fast you and Brian are and that it would un-safe to allow either of you to stay in the amatuer ranks! ;D

Protein Filled

Nah, Brian is just a sandbagger... ::)

Actually, yes, the white plates are on the way...

TZDeSioux

QuoteIs this the same deal that Brian has?  I am going to have to send a letter to Mr. Elliot explaining how fast you and Brian are and that it would un-safe to allow either of you to stay in the amatuer ranks! ;D

You beat me in every race we were ever in together... if anyone should turn expert... IT IS YOU MY FRIEND! :) But I noticed how your name wasn't in the upgraded amateurs list. I see how you do it now. You enter just enough races to not hit the 500 point mark so you can be a career amateur.  ;D

diesel748

Thank You for the midwest #
I need the tires for a Feb. track day in Texas>

Eric Kelcher

Is it with Lonestar? if so they have tire vendor at their track days; I think it might be a Dunlop dealer but they had Metz in the past.
::: Tire Support

Mike Tadlock of Get-A-Grip Tire Co. will continue to be at track events and supply you the sticky rubber you want at great prices, and you need not be a racer to get the good deals. For questions, call:

> Mike Tadlock
> 214.649.7258
Eric Kelcher

Litespeed

I ordered my first set from MAWonline and while I didn't get the help and support that the tire vendors supply, I was able to rest easy knowing that I was 100% prepared.  All other tires werer purchased from the trackside vendors and I was smart enough to keep a fresh set ready.

diesel748

I will be w/ lonestar for the track time as well as getting my ccs license. I want to be as ready as possible b/4 I arriive.
Thanks again to all of you who offered suggestions and information. See ya in the midwest reigon this season.

Malik

can anyone tell me where and when track days is

in texas..........

Eric Kelcher

Here are a couple of links.
CMRA website CCS Sc region there are a lot of people that get together at OHR near Longview for open track $50 but no ambulance or insurance open most every weekend
then for real track days get a hold of Lone Star track days
Eric Kelcher