RA

Started by SLOR, April 25, 2006, 01:19:54 PM

SLOR

New guy here..

Drove across the state to catch the racing at Road America last weekend.  I was impressed..  Its gonna be a new ritual for me for sure.  Couldn't believe there weren't more people there, but I had a good time driving all over the track to check out places I hadn't been to before..

why isn't anyone racing the SV1000?  I saw a TL1000,, but not a single SV1000..

Team_Serpent

I'm pretty sure Mark Junge of Vesrah ran his SV 1000 (along with his other zuks) and I know his team mate Tray Batey runs the SV 1000 (although Tray was not there this past weekend.

ducatichris

There wera a couple of us racing the SV1000's

Mark Junge was racing one (yellow and black)
and so was I (yellow and black #201)
the only thing that you may not have recognized was that Mark's bike as well as my bike has GSXR 600/750 bodywork.

Mark won both the heavyweight twins race and I took a third and a fourth in them.

Hope that helps.

Chris

HandleThis66

Yup, Chris is right...he and Mark Junge were smokin' on their SV 1000's.  That was fun. ;)
Ciao, Rhiannon :-*

SLOR

oh man, where were your pits at?  I walked around but didn't see an SV1000 anywhere..  And yeah the GSXR bodywork would have thrown me off, but the frame and dual pipes wouldn't have.. unless you guys are running 2 into 1 like an SV650. 

What are the rules regarding running an SV1000 in CCS?
How the hell did you get GSXR body work to fit an SV1000?
Any of you SV1000 guys from wisconsin?

Protein Filled

Yup, 2 into 1 pipes for the SV1000.

It's legal for Supertwins and any of the HW and UNL races.

Aftermarket GSXR bodywork fits the SV's fairly well actually.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

HandleThis66

I'm pretty sure Junge or Knight didn't have a 2 into1...Junge squeaked in front of me into turn one and I saw those two canisters (nice pass), but Knight was behind me on Saturday (he he he).  It was all fun being sandwiched between two SV1000's...but the GSXR bodywork is BLING!
Ciao, Rhiannon :-*