Two Cents

Started by ekraft84, April 24, 2006, 10:27:54 PM

ekraft84

Hey Guys,

Like the look of the new forum .. my two cents is just that there are too many areas of discussion and it seems to get confusing and messy.  You could cut a couple out and still have a place for everyone to post.

Again, just my two cents.

Cheers.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

Jeff

yes & no.  there were far too few areas in the old forum.  things like this discussion, not racing or motorcycle related should really be posted elsewhere.  Make sense?

I guess let's just feel it out and go from there.

Thanks for the feedback.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Gixxerblade

I agree with Eddie a little about it. But heck its your forum, do with as with you wish!

putter

Good job! Much mo betta than the last one.

Woofentino Pugrossi

It will only take a few times to get used to a forums layout.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

h2o_motorsports

I like the new forum!!  Lay out is easier to use I think.  Just my .02

ekraft84

Quote from: Jeff on April 24, 2006, 10:36:58 PM
yes & no.  there were far too few areas in the old forum.  things like this discussion, not racing or motorcycle related should really be posted elsewhere.  Make sense?

I guess let's just feel it out and go from there.

Thanks for the feedback.

I like the Info and Announcements thread (although I would make it just "Announcements"), and the FAQ section.  There's always a list of questions that get asked repeatedly, so that would be a useful section to have.

Otherwise, I would just make a "General" section that maybe combines "Shooting the Bull" and "CCS Racing Discussion".  Either of the two topics can easily threadjack/divert into the other, so I think it will be a grey area often times.  "Non-Racing Motorcycle Discussion" appears to be just like "Shooting the Bull", so I would most likely combine those at the very least.

"Help Me Master" .. Could that go into a "Tech"-like area, combined with "Wrenching"?  Otherwise "Help Me Master" questions could fall into a General-type category as well.

"Pics and Video" and "Cornerworkers and Safety Crew" could also fall into a General category I think, unless you have enough posts for it to stand on its own.

Again, just my two cents.  It's a slow morning at work here, thus my extensive comments on the topic.  I'd rather scan through 4-5 regularly populated sections, then 6-10 sections where as many as half of them are pretty slow.  If I have a few minutes to kill, it's easier for me to scan a General section than click through 3-5 other sections looking for new posts.  You could make it simpler, then add a section down the road if the need presented itself.

I always thought the previous CCS forum had too many areas that overlapped, so I guess I figured this would be a good time to voice my opinion on the matter.  Feel free to disregard as necessary.  :)

Cheers.

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

KTM560

The new forum is great, thanks.  ;D Like having a new toy.

Jeff

Eddie, thanks, I appreciate the DETAILED feedback.  That is very helpful.

What I wanted to do (and we NEEDED to do) was to separate the motorcycle/racing discussion from the completely off-topic stuff which people want to chat about.  The purpose for that will be to allow new people to easily find answers to the questions they have and a clear place to post their topics.

The old forum had some weird layout issues.  General discussion needed to be broken up.  Tips & Tricks needed to be merged or find a new home/purpose.  Test posts needed to be deleted.  Classifieds needed to be broken up.

That accounts for "Shooting the Bull" and "General racing discussion".

The "non-racing motorcycle area" well, that can go if the masses find no use for it.  That conversation can easily go into general racing, but it was intended to be for conversations outside of racing but still motorcycle related.

The "Help me master" was a weird category.  It was the transplant of "Tips & Tricks" of the old forum which really made no sense as a topic.  I just didn't know what to do with that board.  I suppose I could merge it into General Racing discussion, but opted for a new board.  Long-term, I don't know what will become of this section.  Personally this is one area I don't like.
Wrenching was mechanical and a separate board on the old forum, so it stayed.  The intent was to not merge the mechanical and physical/mental aspects of the two boards into one.

Pics & Videos?  Well, it proved popular on my other boards so we opted to try it here.  Again, the layout is fluid and can be changed easily.

Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

BlueRidgePerformance

As usual, Eddie has to be the first PIA :P
Forum looks great, nice job :)
The only thing I would ask for,is better smilies
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft

Jeff

smilies will be coming soon...  I know they're lame.  Just had a lot to do lat night.

If anyone can find their favorite smilies, post them up!!!
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

ekraft84

Quote from: BlueRidgePerformance on April 25, 2006, 08:38:41 AM
As usual, Eddie has to be the first PIA :P
Forum looks great, nice job :)
The only thing I would ask for,is better smilies

Haha .. Just throwing some thoughts out there, nothin' more.  I'm done now.  :D
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing