News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What should I do?

Started by CBRman93, March 27, 2002, 12:07:22 PM

Super Dave

Trick with the difference between Michelin and Dunlop is the height differences between the tires.  Michelin rears are much shorter than Dunlop rears; Michelin fronts are much taller than Dunlop fronts.

When you make that change, the geometry of the bike is COMPLETELY different.

I have always liked the Michelins, and set up my bikes to use them.  The Dunlops seemed to slide, allbeit consistently, too early.  The new Pirelli's have a feel like the Michelins but are a little more forgiving to those who are not so familiar with Michelins, have the heights of the Dunlops, and do seem to continue to work pretty well even when completely hammered.

They would be worth a try.  
Super Dave

1slowguy

I feel like I should take part in this F2 conversation... but i dont know why..

Cbrman....  I think i found your fellow BullSh#$er      

CBRman93

Join in all ya want Steve. Dave and I are just BS'n about racin' stuff. Read through all this. He's thrown out some good info.

Another question Dave.
I just installed a manual cam chain tensioner and followed all the steps. I left about 1/4'' play in the top of the chain. I'm guessing that I was supposed to turn the engine forward until the slack gets bad and adjust then. I hope so cuz I dont want to take it apart again. What a chore just to get the valve cover off.....geez!

Super Dave

Never put a manual tensioner in mine.  And it never gave us problems either.  But I did know many that did have some problems and popped engines and all.

You're on your own on that.  Gotta be someone like Full Spectrum or KWS Motorsports that can give you a good answer from a racing stand point.

When are you racing next?

We've gotta race this weekend.  Hope the weather isn't CR@p.
Super Dave

CBRman93

My next race is June 29th at VIR. I have a track day coming up on the 10th. I can't wait to see how the upgrades are going to do. Too bad it will be on the South course vs North, where I'll be racing but it will give me some track time before hand.

Wish me luck!!!

Super Dave

Sweet,

Didn't go to VIR, but Richard Chambers tells me that it's even cooler than Sears Point.  

Sears is pretty dangerous, did ride there with the new changes, but it is sooooo cool.  You can never go fast enough.
Super Dave

CaSpEr_Dude

hay I did not catch if you said you had stock rotors but EBC makes a great over sized rotor and a kit that will set your calipers back to fit the over sized rotors
make a huge diff.
and a little hpower trick take out one of the air box tubes and gain about 2 to 3 hp but you will have to to rejet for it