Best SV Rear Sets?

Started by russ1962, April 08, 2006, 11:40:50 PM

russ1962

Fellow SV riders...  can someone recommend some SV rearsets and gimme a little guidance as to why?

Shopping for my new toy!  

Thanks
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

Super Dave

Russ, I don't have an SV.  But I've used Woodcraft stuff on my bikes for years.  Eric Wood's stuff (rear sets, three piece foot levers, clip-ons, stands, side covers) all seem to be logically made and they aren't expensive.  

I have ridden some SV's with Woodcraft rear sets.  They were fine.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com
Super Dave

Gixxerblade

I would use Woodcraft. They're simple and just about every other SV rider uses them so IF you run into a jam you can buy one off your fellow SV rider.

dylanfan53

Ditto the Woodcraft.

I currently use Vortex on my SV, but I've normally used Woodcraft and was much more happy with them.  The Vortex have held up pretty well, but the footpegs aren't as interchangable as they should be.  I always seem to have three of the wrong size.  Also, some of the Vortex shift levers are offset making it easy to bump it into a false neutral if you move your foot around a lot.  I've used ProTek too but I thought they were flimsy.

If I were in the market, I'd go with the Woodcraft.  

Of course, there is higher-end stuff out there that, for a couple hundred more provides adjustability.  

Don Cook
CCS #53

Thingy

The nice part about the woodcraft stuff is that you can buy spare parts, like a peg or lever, if you break something.  With some of the other brands, you need to buy a whole new rearset.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

russ1962

Ya'll are awesome.  

I've found the Woodcraft stuff at a few online places...  looks like that's the choice for me.

Thank you so much for the help.

Russ
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

Thingy

No, we should be thanking you for all the support that you provide. :)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

ninelives59

+1 on the woodcraft stuff..both of my bikes have them on :D
CCS FLORIDA  #6
9LIVESRACING
PIRELLI TIRES
WWR DESIGNS
EXTREME PHOTO'S