News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tourist Trophy - The Real Riding Simulator

Started by Jeff, April 04, 2006, 05:46:35 AM

Jeff

Purported to be the 2-wheeled version of Grand Tourismo, this PS-2 game releases today...

The video's of it look incredible, and claimed realism of it is very impressive.

I don't think I've EVER tracked the release of a video game or wanted to buy it on 'day 1', but today I will go out in search of this game...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

cardzilla

I've been waiting for this day too... I'm off to Best Buy right after I write this.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

tstruyk

preordered mine, should be in the mail today!  ;D
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Jeff

JACK!  Have you ever seen one of those in a store?!?!  I must have this...

I wonder if it can be set up backwards to counter-steer?
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

I think they are sold through Yamaha dealers 'cause my Yamaha dealer had one...

http://www.sportsmanspark.net

I want it too.  I love GT4.
Super Dave

OmniGLH

I sold off my PS2 almost a year ago.

Anybody got one I can borrow for a day to check this game out?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

SliderPhoto

QuoteJACK!  Have you ever seen one of those in a store?!?!  I must have this...

I wonder if it can be set up backwards to counter-steer?

I've got one for PS2, but it's more of a dirt bike look. Can't remember if it's really worth it. You're welcome to try it if you want. It does have a switch to reverse and some configuration. I used it with MotoGP for a little while.

Jeff

game shipped today.  It'll be in tomorrow...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

LMsports

Jeff, guess which one of your good buddies sells that contraption....Hmmmm
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Jeff

QuoteJeff, guess which one of your good buddies sells that contraption....Hmmmm

I've heard that one before...  lol...

schweet...  i'll be emailing you in 2 mins.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

jigmoore

none of these games hang with the old
ea sports world superbike 2001 game for pc.

i don't care what you monkey heads say.  it is still the standard by which all the others are measured.
what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

spyderchick

Quotenone of these games hang with the old

i don't care what you monkey heads say.  it is still the standard by which all the others are measured.

Down goes the Ducati!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

Quotenone of these games hang with the old

That was/is a fantastic game...  And with a $100 analog controler with wheel for throttle & paddles for shifting, it ROCKED...

Many hours spent on that...  Monza was my favorite track.

Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

jigmoore

QuoteThat was/is a fantastic game...  And with a $100 analog controler with wheel for throttle & paddles for shifting, it ROCKED...

Many hours spent on that...  Monza was my favorite track.

do tell what model controller you're speaking of.  that sounds cool.  i have the cheap little sidewinder and use one of the buttons for the gas...so i'm doing alot of tapping....

what is it?  where do i get it?

Jeff

It is a Saitek controller, but I don't see it on their website.  I bought it in 99 or so.

So I just got done with about 3 hours of the game and well, I'm not super impressed...  It's not bad, but it doesn't compare to the EA sports PC game...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

jigmoore

QuoteIt is a Saitek controller, but I don't see it on their website.  I bought it in 99 or so.

So I just got done with about 3 hours of the game and well, I'm not super impressed...  It's not bad, but it doesn't compare to the EA sports PC game...

see?!!?  i told you guys.

Jeff

The selections of bikes are incredible.  There's like 80 to choose from.  The graphics are very good.  Adjustments, body position, etc are top notch.

I just can't get to a 'ultra-real' mode where you fall down over any stupid mistake...  Perhaps I just don't have it optioned right yet...

I can FULL ON brake at max lean angle and not wash the front out.  But then again, I can flip from left to right too fast and end up lowsiding.

Try as I might, I have not yet been able to high-side, but I have looped wheelies and managed stoppies down almost an entire straight.

Perhaps I just need more time.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

Bitchin.  Absolutely bitchin!  Where has this game been all my life!  Must sleep now....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Chris760

Jeff

online... pfft... no.  That's obviously too high-tech.   ::)
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

SliderPhoto

Jeff, I'll drop off that controller tonight on the way home. Cool thing about mine is that it has lean angle too rather than just working like a steering wheel.

Jeff

Sweet!

There's an very slim chance that I won't be home, but if I'm not, I'll let the kids know you're coming.  
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

snakemanracing95

This game kicks a$$ !!! I bought it days ago @ toys r us and have been awake for 5 days now playing it! I'm taking a quick break from it now, stretching out my fingers and getting the blood to flow again. Well, back at it again. Gonna ride Suzuka.

About a week and half for RA!!!!!!  

Brian Liebe
CCS95AM

Jeff

QuoteAbout a week and half for RA!!!!!!  

Which brings up my next gripe...

Why can't any AMA tracks be on any of these games?!?  Laguna is popular, but that's it.  Well, let me take that back..  This game also has Sears Point.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteThe selections of bikes are incredible.  There's like 80 to choose from.  The graphics are very good.  Adjustments, body position, etc are top notch.

I just can't get to a 'ultra-real' mode where you fall down over any stupid mistake...  Perhaps I just don't have it optioned right yet...

I can FULL ON brake at max lean angle and not wash the front out.  But then again, I can flip from left to right too fast and end up lowsiding.

Try as I might, I have not yet been able to high-side, but I have looped wheelies and managed stoppies down almost an entire straight.

Perhaps I just need more time.

Set it to pro. Front and rear brakes are separated (square is front, R2 is rear). I've already highsided NUMBEROUS times stepping teh rear out on a 1000RR too far. ;D BTW ya gotta watch some of teh crashes. They are pretty wild ones. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

I am using Jack's controller pro mode, separated brakes.  Absofuckingloutely awesome....  I've highsided probably 50 times, and they are VERY spectacular.

manual trans, whack the gas in 2nd gear at full lean, then chop it...  Sky-ground-sky-ground.

This game IS very cool...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest