[X] Visit Mt. Everest

racerhall

wow, i know who that is, since i used to race in that region
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

tstruyk

they just COULDNT resist a jab could they...

"About 25 stolen motorcycles, the kind you often see young riders hunched over as they blaze past you on the freeway..."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0321stolencars-ON.html

just once I'd like to see something to the effect of... "recovered 25 stolen sedans, the kind you often see elderly drivers swerving down the highway at 40 mph.."   ::)
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Suzy

Sorry to say it, but this is why I said before, they could be watching the boards, looking for their next victim. Sometimes I've seen people putting up their personal info in the classified sections, numbers and addresses, that could be giving them more opportunity.  ;)

cardzilla

Quotethey just COULDNT resist a jab could they...

"About 25 stolen motorcycles, the kind you often see young riders hunched over as they blaze past you on the freeway..."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0321stolencars-ON.html

just once I'd like to see something to the effect of... "recovered 25 stolen sedans, the kind you often see elderly drivers swerving down the highway at 40 mph.."   ::)

+1, I was thinking the same thing... freaking idiot!
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Woofentino Pugrossi

Isnt this like the 2nd or 3rd time in as many years involving a racer in the SW region getting busted for stolen bikes/parts?

Sad though. At least around BHF I never felt uncomfortable about leav ing my trailer there and head home for the night.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Protein Filled

You guys do realize that Ray Hymer is a member of this board?

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=;action=viewprofile;username=RAY_HYMER

Also, isn't it supposed to be innocent until proven guilty?
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Suzy

QuoteAlso, isn't it supposed to be innocent until proven guilty?

Yes they are, but the evidence is a little overwhelming seeing they kept their investigation on them for 6 months.

grasshopper

Nothing worse than a thief!

If they are Guilty I hope they rot in jail!

Jeff

Sure.  I'm sending my kids for some quality time with Michael Jackson, and my wife has a date with OJ too...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

TommyG

Not in the CCS paddock!!!

spyderchick

I don't know whether they are innocent or guilty, but this post on the WERA board from a year and a half ago now seems more than just a helpful fellow racer. Sad, really.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Zac

There a lot of discussion on this topic and Ray's own response at the ccs sw board http://roadracesw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=373

Ray was very involved in roadracing and trackdays, and even mini racing, with his whole family.  It's suprising to see someone so involved with the sport hurting the sport at the same time.

I don't know the facts and I won't place judgement yet, but at this point it seems like there is a very good case at least for possesion.  

-z.

Jeff

It was good to read the opinions there and Ray's own comments.

I appreciate Ray's comment that there are 2 sides to every story.

And I also appreciate another lister's comments that 'there were a large number of stolen bikes found in the possession of the Hymer's, do with that information what you please'.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

So while we're on this subject, how does one insure one's racebike and trailer against theft?  Is it possible?  Even my pathetic little program represents about 15K in one easily towable package. The thought of getting robbed has always scared the shiznit out of me.  If someone boosted my trailer, bike, spares, warmers, helmet, leathers and tools in one shot, I'd be out of this sport, and probably for good....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tstruyk

QuoteSo while we're on this subject, how does one insure one's racebike and trailer against theft?  Is it possible?  Even my pathetic little program represents about 15K in one easily towable package. The thought of getting robbed has always scared the shiznit out of me.  If someone boosted my trailer, bike, spares, warmers, helmet, leathers and tools in one shot, I'd be out of this sport, and probably for good....

check your PM...  ;)
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Suzy

QuoteSo while we're on this subject, how does one insure one's racebike and trailer against theft?

Try these guys, not sure about any locals around you, but this could be a start.   ACE Insurance
BTW, this is an isurance company that insures Racers and Race Teams.

251am

Yikes, read Ray's response in the link Zac posted here, a couple posts above.

Ray and his son part out machines for sale, and were in possesssion of 19 machines that had been reported stolen. I could see POSSIBLY having one or two that were bought unknowingly, if you have an inventory of 100 or so frames/machines, but 19!

Then the link Alexa posted to WERA boards. Ray "found" a truck/bike that had been stolen? Coincidence? Ray insists he is innocent and has words that will acquit him of these charges. Dang...   :(

StumpysWife

QuoteSo while we're on this subject, how does one insure one's racebike and trailer against theft?  Is it possible?  Even my pathetic little program represents about 15K in one easily towable package. The thought of getting robbed has always scared the shiznit out of me.  If someone boosted my trailer, bike, spares, warmers, helmet, leathers and tools in one shot, I'd be out of this sport, and probably for good....

We had insurance on the last bike to cover theft.  The agent was fully aware it was a race bike.  It was through State Farm.  I would check your homeowners policy, too.  I remember when my very good (expensive) tennis racket was stolen out of my car in high school, insurance covered it.

Heather

TommyG

QuoteWe had insurance on the last bike to cover theft.  The agent was fully aware it was a race bike.  It was through State Farm.  I would check your homeowners policy, too.  I remember when my very good (expensive) tennis racket was stolen out of my car in high school, insurance covered it.

Heather
I do not know if it varies state to state(probably not) but in WI home owners does not cover anything with a vehicle ID number. That would have to be a seperate policy on the vehicle itself. I know this from personal experience!!

Jeff

QuoteI do not know if it varies state to state(probably not) but in WI home owners does not cover anything with a vehicle ID number. That would have to be a seperate policy on the vehicle itself. I know this from personal experience!!

I'm not sure if that is a state thing or insurance carrier thing, but I went ROUNDS with my insurance company over that.

Conversation went "so you'll insure my riding lawn tractor, but you won't insure this bike?"  - "you are correct".

The tools/leathers/spares/trailer/everything else would be covered under my trailer coverage & home owner's, but the bike itself would not be covered...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteSad though. At least around BHF I never felt uncomfortable about leav ing my trailer there and head home for the night.

I believe it was '97 when an up and coming fast racer had not only his trailer, but his bike, all his tools and spares, and all his riding gear stolen from the track at Blackhawk during the night.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Cam_at_M_M_Racing

Here is what you need to be covered;
1. Comprehensive + contents on the truck
2. Seperate policy on trailer with a "contents" addition to list approximate value of gear and tools.
3. Comprehensive policy on bike listing ALL modifications to attain a total value of the bike.
The reason your lawnmower is covered and not the bike is because the bike does not maintain the home. If you put a trailer hitch on the bike and pulled a trailer, it would be covered. Been there, done that!
I have a policy on a 3 wheeler and it costs $30 per year.
Hope this clears up the confussion. Theives should be SHOT on site. Cam
R6
Husky 630 SM
KLX140L
XR Fiddy SM

TommyG

QuoteI believe it was '97 when an up and coming fast racer had not only his trailer, but his bike, all his tools and spares, and all his riding gear stolen from the track at Blackhawk during the night.
I`ve since heard from a close friend of the victim that everything was fully insured and there`s a good chance of owner involvment. ::)

Suzy

Trying to get some new equipment I bet. ;)

Woofentino Pugrossi

I asked my guy about just having theft insurance on my racebike. He said they can do that and done it in the past for racecars. Just never got around to doing it. Trailer is insured as is the contents.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod