News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

RIP Acapelo

Started by TiffineyIngram, December 30, 2002, 07:47:36 PM

motomadness

I thought I should comment on my personal plans for next season.  

Not to take anything away from my experiences I had with the team in 2002, but I think I am going to use the coming season to get serious about my own personal program - riding skills, sponsorship, budget, etc.  I still plan to lean on my friends at the track when I need some assistance, but I think I need to really spend time pushing myself in order to fullfill my dreams.

To my teammates:

Ike - we didn't always go about doing things the same way, not in life, nor on the track, but I still learned a lot from you.  Good luck to you on journey, may you achieve all the success you dream of attaining.

Chris - you're young, with a lot of enthusiasm and a strong desired to successful at whatever you endeavor to do.  Stick with it, and I know it will take you somewhere positive.

Rhiannon - I learned that no matter who or what you are, if you are tenacious you can achieve anything.

If any of you need some assistance next season, you know you can always contact me.

See you all at the track come this spring.  May all of our battles be both exciting to be in and thrilling to watch.

Dawn

QuoteIke:

I kinda thought you would be on your own based on earlier posts.  Well - Welcome to our world where you run what you brung, and race when you can afford to.

Dawn   ;)

Sean (or is is Shawn - oooh, I can't remember  :-[) and everyone,

Good luck!

We will see you at the track!

Dawn   ;)

5bikemike227

there's a point in live when we all have walk that road, some will sooner then others. what ever the situation was god felt it was time for him to come home.
      I will miss seeing him at the track,talking to him about my experience of racing and listening to him roast me when ike would get the best of me.he was a great guy and i'm glad to have had the chance to know a person like ACAPELO.....

I'LL MISS YA MAN

MIKE

AM #227

Chef

Well Big Bro..........

1 year later.............................

Gotta let you go now,  :(

12/23/02....

Alot has happened! picked up some wins for you, almost a few Championships, but needless to say, the Team missed you! We still do, but keep in step forward... as you would have it, no doubt...

Peace to you

Ike, Lonette, Ellie, Red and Dwight....
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Thanks for the reminder Ike.  Peace.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

lil_thorny

My thoughts and prayers to you Acapelo.

diesel748

May God bless A and all who cared for him.
Tobias

motomadness

Just reading this.  I had my own little day of reminders on Christmas day.

Peace Acapelo

Tezboogie

I've been pretty quite about this whole thing since it happened to my friend. I just feel it's about time that I said a little something about this incredible person.

I knew him for a long time before the race track. We rode together on the street. He was a very unique guy. Nothing but love and laughter......that's all he was about. Giving any and everything that he had, to make other people happy.
Never asking for anything back.........except for maybe a smile. He rode on the street, and he loved it with a passion.
When he heard that I was racing on the track, he came to me with a smile that was a mile wide and asked me, what could he do to help.
To that end, I would not have been able to race and do some of the things that I did without the help of this unselfish man. He was something else :)
I miss him very much, as does everybody else :'(

Even though I didn't race on his team, everytime that I raced, I knew a lot of what I was doing was because of him.......and I always told him that; he would just smile at me a say, "keep doing what you're doing and if you need anything, I'm here".
Seems like so many good people leave when you least expect it. He was one of those people.

I still have a lot of things to do in motorcycle racing, and every step of the way I know he'll be there, cause that was just the kind of person Acapelo was, always there.

See you later dude.......
                                     Tez