Summit Point Expert Lap Times

Started by gpstar1, March 07, 2006, 10:41:11 AM

gpstar1

Its going to be my first year as an expert in the LW classes this year and I was just wondering whats a good lap time as an expert at Summit. Just wanted to compare my times from last year to front running experts. Just want to see if i'm going to get smoked or if i'll be in hunt.
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

Old808

I think it's still in the 1:20-22 range at the front, isn't it?

njracer

Probably in the 1:18's for a top expert on a SB SV.

Old808

QuoteProbably in the 1:18's for a top expert on a SB SV.
Wow!  Who's doing 18s on an SV?!  :o

njracer

QuoteWow!  Who's doing 18s on an SV?!  :o

Just a guess on my part....I could be wrong. :-/

Old808

QuoteJust a guess on my part....I could be wrong. :-/
Fastest I've ever seen was Yaakov, a few years ago.  High 19s, I believe.  Fast humans were doing 21-22s.

njracer

QuoteFastest I've ever seen was Yaakov, a few years ago.  High 19s, I believe.  Fast humans were doing 21-22s.

I just checked a bunch of times on mylaps and 20-21 seems to be the top expert.

I just guessed since the lap record is almost a 1:13.

smoke

QuoteWow!  Who's doing 18s on an SV?!  :o

Your are right.  Dave Y from CAD has done 18s, and 19s.   Darren is fast as crap too.

B-mac

In 03 I typically ran in the top 3 LWSS in the middle 21's - I am sure the times have stepped up a bit since then. Best lap there on a SS was a 20.6.... I kinda miss the LW class

gpstar1

Well I don't feel too worried about it now, I think I should do ok. My times are usually in the high 23's to low 24's as an AM. I know where I have to improve at on the track to make up some time. Guess I just have to wait until May now to find out for myself.
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

Old808

QuoteIn 03 I typically ran in the top 3 LWSS in the middle 21's - I am sure the times have stepped up a bit since then. Best lap there on a SS was a 20.6.... I kinda miss the LW class
Hot d**n!  That's a lot faster than you ever went on that rc51!  :o

B-mac

Wassup Papa, long time no talk. Thats the reason I went to an SV!! I rode a friends and the first time on it I put down times similar to the RC....sold the pig the next week ;D