News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brake Pads - EBC vs. Vesrah?

Started by aberg12012, March 06, 2006, 12:25:22 PM

jigmoore

all you guys are nuts.

i can use up stock pads or cheapos in about one day at the track.  my rjl's last one whole season.  and i am no puss on the brakes.  nobody (that i raced with) beat me on the brakes.

the rjl pads are the only ones you guys should be using.  the ones in the gold package.

period.
what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

Protein Filled

Hmm, I don't know why, but I go through SRJL's more often than once a season. Actually, I will go though a set about once every 3 weekends. For my personal preference, I think SRJL's and Carbon Lorraine's are the best.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Steviebee

my bit on brakes.

EBC's    --  Great  last several race weekends, but need lot of lever grip strength.  Horrible that you have to break them in or there useless.

RJL,  no break in.  drop in and go.!  flawless,  but they only would last 1 or 2 race weekends for me. not alot of grip needed!

SRJL,  AWSOME same as RJL but last longer,   drop in and go.  no questions asked,  last several race weekends.  i pay the premium for these.

My choice is SRJL.     for my super heavy 2000 gsxr 750

Iv'e only tried these three.

And dont get me wrong all three i could lift the rear tire on brakeing when the pads were working correclty.

endoracing

is the almost double price of srjl over rjl's worth it as far as how long they last?

Clarkie

I have always used either EBC or Ferodo pads and they are both awesome, lots of initial bite which i have always liked.

this year i switch bikes, tires, locations, and brake pads, i am using the SBS Dual Carbon race pads and I am surprised how much i like them, they dont have the bite i was used to but the make up for it in stopping power and feel.  the carbon pads actually transfer some of the pad material to the disc which make the stopping power even stronger

the 2005 GSXR1000 is notorious for brake fade and destroying pads, so i bought a lightech adjustable (from the left bar) brake lever so i could adjust the lever position on the fly, well after using the SBS Dual carbon pads i think i wasted $300 on a trick brake lever as the pads dont fade at all.

Parts Unlimited is the supplier and Chris Jensen can get pads to you anywhere in the country in a couple of days if you are in a panic, i have changed my entire approach to braking, and it is all for the better  8)

Jeff

Clarkie, are you racing this year?  I don't recall you racing in the past few.  Have you??
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Clarkie

yeah moved out to Colorado and racing the MRA and some of the Utah stuff, after spending a LONG time racing twins i have finally learnt how much better the new 1000's have become in the past couple of years.  running the Aprilia against GSXR1000's in Unlimited GP was always hard work, now i know how tough it really was ;)