News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MOTORCYCLE RIDERS CAN GET PLENTY OF SEAT TIME HPT

Started by HPT, March 03, 2006, 01:15:03 PM

HPT

TOPEKA, Kan. (Mar. 3, 2006) – For road racers that prefer two wheels instead of four, the 2006 season at Heartland Park Topeka will provide ample opportunities to get on track.

With new amenities and ultra-smooth asphalt, motorcycle riders will find that the improvements made at the track have transformed the facility, and have also made Heartland Park Topeka motorcycle-friendly.

The professional riders of the American Sportbike Racing Association (ASRA) are on-track June 16-18, with a Heartland Park sponsored test day set for June 15.  ASRA marks the first professional motorcycle road racing event at Heartland Park Topeka since 2003.  The weekend will also include Championship Cup Series (CCS) Midwest and Great Plains regional racing.

CCS racers are back at Heartland Park Topeka Aug. 5-6, with a Heartland Park test day set for Aug. 4.

In addition to the ASRA and CCS dates, Heartland Park Topeka has partnered with Visionsports Riding Schools to provide instruction during six open track days.  The Heartland Park Track Days include April 10, May 8, June 14, July 17, Sept. 11, and Oct. 23.  Interested riders can sign up now at www.hpt.com.

Sportbike Track Time (STT) will also provide limited endurance days and riding instruction on May 13 and Aug. 7, and a riding school June 24-25.  STAR Motorcycle School will be at Heartland Park Topeka July 10-11.

The 2006 motorcycle season at Heartland Park Topeka concludes with the Northeast Sportbike Association (NESBA) Nov. 4-5.

A complete list of motorcycle events is below.

April 10: HPT Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
May 8: HPT Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
May 13: Sportbike Track Time Motorcycle School
June 14: HPT Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
June 15: HPT Motorcycle Test Day
June 16-18: American Sportbike Racing Association National (ASRA), Championship Cup Series (CCS) Great Plains/Midwest Regional
June 24-25: Sportbike Track Time Motorcycle School
July 10-11: STAR Motorcycle School
July 17: HPT Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
August 4: HPT Motorcycle Test Day
August 5-6: Championship Cup Series (CCS)
August 7: Sportbike Track Time Motorcycle School
September 11: HPT Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
October 23: HPT Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
November 4-5: Northeast Sportbike Racing Association

extrakt0r

Freakin' Sweet....I can't wait...I am so pumped to race at HPT two times...  ;D ;D ;D
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Super Dave

I'll be there more...

I'll be tired, but satisfied.  Excited to be there with the whole track.  Gonna be sweet!
Super Dave

yamamonster

This sounds awesome.  I'm new to racing but I'm going to try to race most the the GP series.  Two Heartland park events is going to be awesome.  I'm a little confused though, the ccs web site shows that the GP is supposed to be in Hastings Nebraska on August 5-6, and it doesn't show anything for the mid-west region at all on those dates.  I also checked the track addix site and it says Hastings too, what's up with that???