News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

AUG Heartland Park a MW event...

Started by Super Dave, March 03, 2006, 07:51:49 AM

Super Dave

QuoteDave, Is that the same track we used to run when ccs first had mw races there in 94?

Yeah, should be similar.  The front straight is on the pit road like last year, and that chicane thing on the front straight (turn "zero") has been changed too.  I should be heading down next week to check some things out, and do some business.  

The new asphalt is unique.  Had some talks with one of the people at Blackhawk almost a month back.  Very unique mix.  Blackhawk has help up well, so I know that Ray wanted durability and traction from this mix too.  Topeka is a rather oppressive environment, so the same mix from Blackhawk should not work.
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteTravel is of no consequence when you're rolling in style...   :P

I'm sorry...

I thought style was a personal attibute...not one of objetcts...

I'm always in style...even when I slept in my old red van at Daytona.
"The Econoline Inn"   8)
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteHonestly...
I sure hope we don't go.

Didn't you get a new job?

There is a huge commitment from Heartland Park Topeka.  
Without commitments like that, there is no growth.  I will be supporting the event.
Super Dave

Xian_13

QuoteDidn't you get a new job?

There is a huge commitment from Heartland Park Topeka.  
Without commitments like that, there is no growth.  I will be supporting the event.

I was supposed to get a new job...
After everything was said and done, I am still at my old job.

Like Greg said... its 14 hours away!

I understand the commitment there. I also expected this, when I saw the GP only event there.
I don't know what kind of draw GP will have this year, but HPT would be a major loss for CCS if it was GP only racers there.

When it comes right down to it, I am sure I will try and make this event. However, it doesn't look promising. (If time off of work was no object, I would be there)

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Super Dave

QuoteI was supposed to get a new job...
After everything was said and done, I am still at my old job.

Like Greg said... its 14 hours away!

I understand the commitment there. I also expected this, when I saw the GP only event there.
I don't know what kind of draw GP will have this year, but HPT would be a major loss for CCS if it was GP only racers there.

When it comes right down to it, I am sure I will try and make this event. However, it doesn't look promising. (If time off of work was no object, I would be there)

XIII

You're near Madison.  That isn't 14 hours.  Alone it's a whole lot less than that for me with my bus and trailer.

CCS can not lose at Heartland Park Topeka this year.  Again, I have stated that there is a huge investment being given to the new CCS from Heartland Park Topeka, let alone to the motorcycle community as a whole.  

I'll pray for some good luck to come your way.  Sucks about the job thing.  
Super Dave

Xian_13

I'm a stones throw from RA.

Funny thing is...
Its either time, or its money.

This year I got money  :-/

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

extrakt0r

My average commute to the races last year was about 10 hours one way...

::)

I know quite a few other KC Racers were in the same boat as I was last year and they all made the trek...
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Racingxtc7

I sure hope CCS MW isn't at Heartland twice!!! Can't afford that road trip.

April 10: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
May 8: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
May 13: Sportbike Track Time Motorcycle School
June 14: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
June 15: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Test Day
*June 16-18: American Sportbike Racing Association National (ASRA), Championship Cup Series (CCS) Great Plains/Midwest Regional
June 24-25: Sportbike Track Time Motorcycle School
July 10-11: STAR Motorcycle School
July 17: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
August 4: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Test Day
*August 5-6: Championship Cup Series (CCS)
August 7: Sportbike Track Time Motorcycle School
September 11: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
October 23: Heartland Park Topeka Motorcycle Track Day/Visionsports Riding School
November 4-5: Northeast Sportbike Racing Association

TommyG

I`m all for the ROC at HPT!!!!!!! How`s Oct weather in Topeka Mike?? ::)

Super Dave

Eh, well, your mileage may vary.

But we're having a school program in late October there.  I think NESBA is there in Novermber even.

Super Dave

HPT

QuoteI`m all for the ROC at HPT!!!!!!! How`s Oct weather in Topeka Mike?? ::)

um, farmers almanac suggests avg. 66 degrees for the end of Oct. last couple of years, been in the 70's...

perhaps climate, regional location was part of the reason HPT was selected to host the 2006 SCCA Runoffs 2nd week in Oct.

HPT's last motorbike track day is Oct. 23 so we shall see ;)

Like Dave said, NESBA even pulls in, early Nov.

Of course, completely new facilities, new road course [NOT repavement]  and the OLD 2.5 GP track configuration (re)opened might have been a big driver for the car guys. Although only two of three configurations are represented here

http://hpt.com//store/catalog/road_configs.php

(take a right, turn 1, after turn 0....)

its gonna be fun & fast ..there is no doubt.... Dave, didnt you run that course configuration in the early 90's ?

Turn 3 is something like 300 ft radius, 8 degrees slightly banked after a 950 ft straight from turn 2.....

Super Dave

Quoteits gonna be fun & fast ..there is no doubt.... Dave, didnt you run that course configuration in the early 90's ?

We ran three AMA races, '89,'90,91 and a Formula USA event in 1990 there with that course.  CCS ran there once in 1992, five times in 1993 and then continuing to 1999.  In 1997, I think we started using a couple of smaller courses because the run up to three was obliterated and the drainage had gone down hill.  That would have been the layout that was ran recently.  The full course is really cool.  I will miss the body english that you used to use in the old one/two area, but I think with the new stuff...I'll get over it.
Super Dave