News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

sv classes

Started by nebulate, February 22, 2006, 11:40:36 AM

nebulate

I have a sv 650.  It is considered a superbike with WERA, what classes am I able to run with CCS?
Thanks
Ben

PJ721

Lt Wt Superbike
Lt Wt Grand Prix
GT Lights
Thunderbike

if you want to run with bigger bore bikes (mostly Ducs) try SuperTwins

if you are over 40: Lt Wt Formula 40

and you can always run up a class with the middleweights

and see the rule book for complete run down @ http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2006/2006%20Rulebook.pdf  goto section 6 (starts on pg 17)
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

nebulate

Thanks for the reply, i will stick to the lightweight bikes, probably won't try to stir up the ducs :)  CCS has some rounds close to me so i am going to do some SE rounds also.

Protein Filled

Why is it considered a superbike with WERA? The CCS rules are a lot more lenient than the WERA rules. If you post the mods here, you may get a better answer,
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

SRobertson

I believe that the basic premise of the LW SS class is to promote a low-cost, entry level class that encourages beginners to realize their dream of roadracing and provides a level playing field for experts.  I think that the admittance of 90+ horsepower Buell's and BMW's that cost over $8k and are specially race prepared (ie: custom swingarms) don't belong in this class and will lead to a decrease in new racers.  Thoughts?  

Ridgeway

I've probably got 10k in my SV when you total everything up, it's still SS legal and it's no firebreather.  Regardless of the bike, one still needs to know how to set it up and ride the thing.

LWSS is just as you described it.  You can be competetive with a relatively stock bike.  Now if the Buell XB12 makes more power than my SV, I can't really complain too much.  I could've bought a Buell.  I do think giving air cooled twins a near 2 to 1 displacement advantage is a bit extreme.

I wouldn't mind seeing a spec class sort of like SVCup in Canada, but that's still just 1 class.  I don't go to a race weekend to run in 1 race.  I run 4 or 5.

I don't expect to win every race (haven't even won my first one yet), but I do expect that there will be some other racers out there running similar speeds that I can dice with.  Thats the fun part for me.
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s