News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Assistance from the masses, maybe?

Started by bluedogz, February 12, 2006, 10:24:25 AM

bluedogz

Actually, mdr, that's a good idea, I think.  Of course, that assumes that someone from CCS would return my effing calls!

Besides, R1, all it would take is a review of the practice times to see whose transponder was out there.

3rdshiftgixxer

Dennis glad to see ya back, I was there that weekend but did not see the accident. Good luck in finding the person involved

bluedogz

Picked up my prosthetic arm yesterday- I have a special attachment waiting for that special person.   ;D

RRRBrat

QuotePicked up my prosthetic arm yesterday- I have a special attachment waiting for that special person.   ;D
Glad to have you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stk0308

Anybody remember the guy who ran the early Daytona Boxer cup(EARLY, as in R100 early) races with a prosthetic hand?  He was an old time racer when lost it racing.  He was pretty fast.  

Glad too see your not letting this get you down bluedogz.
Steven

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuotePicked up my prosthetic arm yesterday
Does it make the "6 Million Dollar Man" noise?  I'd pay extra for that if I had to get one.  You just never know when you might have to fight Bigfoot in slow motion!   ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

bluedogz

No, but it's made of carbon fiber.  If nothing else it looks effing cool. 8)

kmf600

QuoteNo, but it's made of carbon fiber.  If nothing else it looks effing cool. 8)
What does it have on the end, if you don't mind me asking?  One of those clamp type things that open when you twist your arm, or a hook.  I'd be careful wiping with a hook. ;)

Jeff

QuoteI have a special attachment waiting for that special person.   ;D

No one keyed in on this...  OMFG...  I can only hope that if I ever face what you've gone through that I'll have this much of a sense of humor toward it.

Truly, I guess you have to.  I mean, all the pissing & moaning in the world isn't going to give you a limb back, but I guess it's just nature to think people would be angry/depressed/etc.  (not that you haven't or don't go through all of that anyhow).

So here's a question...  Are you thinking of ever trying to ride again?

I heard stories of a guy in the UK who lost his left arm and still RACED.  He rigged up a thumb rear brake on the right hand lever, and used the right foot pedal for the clutch.  Apparently the guy was pretty good too...  Spectators or unfamiliar racers would think he was just an arrogant prick because it looked like he was riding with his left hand on his lap the whole time.   8)

And have you made up any good stories about it yet to tell people?  "Alligator wrestling, got it bit off by a shark while surfing in Australia" etc...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

There's a pretty fast guy running flat track here in Wisconsin racing w/ one arm. Now how he does it, I dunno, but all the competitors have much respect!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

cardzilla

QuoteThere's a pretty fast guy running flat track here in Wisconsin racing w/ one arm. Now how he does it, I dunno, but all the competitors have much respect!

I wonder if that's the same guy I saw at Moroso last year?  The true testament to this guy's ability is that I didn't recognize it until someone pointed it out.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Super Dave

Had a friend from the KC area that raced.  A girl ran him over, then moved out of the street...with him unconcious under her car...promptly removing his left lower foot.

Anyway, he returned to racing.  Converted his bike to RH shift, and when he raced, he put his boot on backwards...LOL!
Super Dave