News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Purse paying class ?

Started by mrottin, February 05, 2006, 04:11:44 PM

mrottin

Is there a minimum # of riders required for pay-out?

TommyG

I do not think there is a minimum. I`ve heard the only (CCS)purse paying class this year is Unlimited GP. The solos no longer pay....... ???

Super Dave

QuoteThe solos no longer pay....... ???

Yeah, don't start...
Super Dave

pnther15

with the GP serius you have to have 20 riders for the purse paying sprints.  These will run you $70, and if you don't get the 20 riders you still pay $70 you just don't get the money.

Lithium Motorsports,  Suspension Solutions, Vortex, and VP Fuels

tzracer

CCS purse races are stupid. Unless you have an outside sponser paying the purse, where do you think CCS is getting the money to pay the purse?

It is stupid for racers to pay other racers. People are worried about the cost of racing. Unless you are earning purse money you are paying MORE to race.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

mrottin

How can you charge racers extras for purse paying classes and then say, sorry not enough riders on the grid no pay out? Is this in the rule book? Hell, is this even legal?

motobenco

I don't want to be paid with purses, although some of them are rather expensive. What if it was a Handbag paying class?
Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

Jeff

Wanna race for $$$?  Drop a $20 in a bucket on your way to the grid, and divide it up 50%, 30% 20% for the top 3...  You don't pay, you don't get the $$.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

mrottin

I'd rather not bother with money races, but Trackaddix Great Plains Region has the MW Supersport a money class with a minimum of 20 racers before pay out. Does CCS allow this?

Spooner

I don't think there will be much of a problem getting 20 riders on the grid for MWSS...  I also think that Dean has some outside sponsors paying for some of the races...

-Nick
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Super Dave

I don't mind paying a little extra for a purse paying class.  

Woodwork doesn't motivate me.  But I've seem money motivate others.  Me too.  
Super Dave