Main Menu

1st year EXPERT....

Started by 05R6, February 01, 2006, 01:56:49 PM

Faas73

It seems to me you'd just do the same things that got you Expert status:

- Hold your line
- Ride predictably
- Try not to crash ;D

First year expert myself, but it will be my 4th trip to Daytona. I'm bumping up to a 600 (2006 R6) after riding an SV650 for the past few years. I know it's going to be a whole different animal, but I'm looking forward to it!

Staying positive is going to be key. I know I won't be running up front at Daytona, but I plan on having a blast battling for 12th or 18th place. Look for me, #980. Blue leathers, possibly blue bike, possibly 'primer bike' since getting 2006 R6 bodywork before Daytona is turning out to be...interesting.

As for classes, stick to Middleweight Supersport, Superbike, and GP -- I wouldn't bump up a class. I probably won't even do the Superbike race, since I'll still be getting used to the 600, and things will be fast enough in the Supersport class. If I remember correctly, the Graves Yamaha factory team showed up at the CCS races last year, so expect to get lapped by DiSalvo (at least once) at some mind-altering speed...

Gixxerblade

QuoteIt seems to me you'd just do the same things that got you Expert status:

- Hold your line
- Ride predictably
- Try not to crash ;D

First year expert myself, but it will be my 4th trip to Daytona. I'm bumping up to a 600 (2006 R6) after riding an SV650 for the past few years. I know it's going to be a whole different animal, but I'm looking forward to it!

Staying positive is going to be key. I know I won't be running up front at Daytona, but I plan on having a blast battling for 12th or 18th place. Look for me, #980. Blue leathers, possibly blue bike, possibly 'primer bike' since getting 2006 R6 bodywork before Daytona is turning out to be...interesting.

As for classes, stick to Middleweight Supersport, Superbike, and GP -- I wouldn't bump up a class. I probably won't even do the Superbike race, since I'll still be getting used to the 600, and things will be fast enough in the Supersport class. If I remember correctly, the Graves Yamaha factory team showed up at the CCS races last year, so expect to get lapped by DiSalvo (at least once) at some mind-altering speed...
I won't be at Daytona but you're mine!!!! ;D

Faas73

QuoteI won't be at Daytona but you're mine!!!! ;D

Did CCS finally add those "Who Can Melt The Undertail Section To Their Rear Tire Fastest" and "Where The Hell Did My Brake Fluid Resevoir Cap Go?" classes??  ::)  ;D

If so, I admit defeat now....  ;)

Which event are you planning for your 2006 debut? How's the prep on the GSXR coming?

Gixxerblade

That was perhaps the worst weekend of my short racing career.  :P  You forgot about the hole I got in my rad and my fork seals busting on the way down to Daytona.  :-[ ;D
and the prep on the Gixxer may have to wait. Nothing but setting up suspension and putting on bodywork left but I may be moving soon. Getting orderes to HMX-1 (MCB Quantico)...hopefully. Pretty intense background check to get in there.  :-/

Faas73

QuoteThat was perhaps the worst weekend of my short racing career.  :P  You forgot about the hole I got in my rad and my fork seals busting on the way down to Daytona.  :-[ ;D

No no, I didn't forget, I was being nice. ;D

Good luck with the move and all -- you'll be fairly close to me. I'll hide my radiators and forks...