News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

california racing

Started by 10blade, February 01, 2006, 12:30:46 PM

10blade

;Ddoes anyone have any knowledge of racing in california With AFM, WSMC? going to in palo alto for six months thought I'd do a little racing. any info would be helpful

L8brake731

Geographically speaking you will be about 4-5 hours from WillowSprings (WSMC) if you are going to be in Palo Alto. AFM does have races in No.Cal. where you will be, alot closer than WSMC. AFM  has races at Thunderhill (Willows, Ca.) and at Infineon (the old Sears Point in Sonoma,Ca.)
Palo Alto places you within a coulpe hours of both tracks.
Check AFM's site for their schedule and WAY more accurate info. Good Luck! ;D
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

10blade

;Dthanks, just got some info from AFM looks like thats the ticket, they hvae some really interesting rules but I thinks it's going to be fun.

L8brake731

They also have REALLY large grids :o
Depending what class you plan on running; 30-40 is not uncommon.
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

Super Dave

And waiting lists for some classes.  Find out before you show up, because you could get turned away.
Super Dave

10blade

;Dwow, how different is from ccs their crash rules seem a little harsh.

Super Dave

No BS at Sears Point (Infineon Raceway).  It's a really, really, really cool track...one of my absolute favorites.  But there are areas there that can be really hazardous.  And lots of riders in many classes, so more down time means people don't race.  The rules work for the organization.  

Motorcycle road racing was popular in California with the AFM before the AMA really embraced it with a bigger, independant road racing series.  
Super Dave

10blade

:Dvery cool, looking forward to it, thanks for the feedback.

andy342

Wera west has their first race at Fontana this weekend.  Also fastrackriders.com does track days there.

They also run at Vegas, Buttonwillow, and Willow Springs.