Petition Speed TV

Started by Suzy, January 25, 2006, 05:04:19 AM

TommyG

QuoteThat's the attitude that will get us less time. The more people sign this petition, they will see the market for it and expand it.
If every licensed AMA member AND CCS member sign the petition it will still be a fraction of the Nascar fan base. Speed vision would be dumb from a marketing standpoint to do anything but increase Nascar air time. Any air time bikes get is fine by me. Get tivo or a DVR and enjoy! Besides, I already watch too much racing!!

cleezmo

QuoteBesides, I already watch too much racing!!

So true. Sometimes it takes me a week to get through all the races from a MotoGP/AMA/WSBK weekend on the TiVo! How many of us have 6 hours to sit down in front of the tube and watch racing all day? If so, I'm envious!

L8brake731

S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

Suzy

QuoteInstead of complaining (which is what this petition is), come up with a possible solution.  A solution is to pay for advertising during the races that you want to see that they aren't airing.

Pay for advertising? Me?  I don't have that. I'm the average person who tunes in as an ethusiast, what do you expect me to advertise to get more air time for it, I could do a Corner Working commercial LOL.  ;D

TommyG

OR you could tatto speedvision on your chest!!! ;D

Green_Knight

QuoteOR you could tatto speedvision on your chest!!! ;D

I bet you could get some air time if you recorded the actual tatoo prossess  ;)

Suzy

QuoteOR you could tatto speedvision on your chest!!! ;D

I'll do it on my butt, not my chest LOL!!!!

Since this is all for a worthy cause.  ;D

TommyG

So, exactly WHAT is it you are doing with your butt ? ;D

tug296

American Sports Cavalcade.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Suzy

I'm sitting on it now, what are you doing with yours?? ;D

ecumike

QuotePay for advertising? Me?  I don't have that. I'm the average person who tunes in as an ethusiast, what do you expect me to advertise to get more air time for it, I could do a Corner Working commercial LOL.  ;D

The ads pay the bills.. so maybe if everyone who signed the petition chipped in for some ads that they want to run during a motorcycle race, SPeedTV would run an extra race for you on TV.

So anyways... why DO you sign the petition... I'm curious as to what outcome you think will happen if you sign the petition??  Do you think SpeedTV will run an extra AMA or SBK or maybe an extra MotoGP125 race?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Woofentino Pugrossi

This has been going on since FOX bought Speedvision 4 or 5 yrs ago. No matter what anyone says, FOX is going to keeep on putting 90% nascar programming on SPeed TV.

Old SPeedvision was a motorsports enthusiasts (ie non-circle jerk) dream channel. Rally racing, hydroplane racing, offroad racing, motorcycle racing, pylon racing (airplane), F1, Aus V8 supercars (my personal fav) and pretty much every NON NASCAR motorsports event. SV had approx 58mil viewers or so if I remember right,. FOX seen that and seen potential $$$ signs. Then they bought it and changed it to Speed TV.  At first they said they werent gonna change the programming and only add an half hour show on nascar once or twice a day. THen after people got used to that, they added more and more nascar and started pushing other sports either off the rotation or shoved them to odd hours. Fox has plans on getting TOTAL television rights to ALL Nextel Cup and Busch races. Guess where they are gonna air them? Right now FOX airs races on their broadcast network affiliates, FOX sports channel and MSC (regional channel). Nothing short of FCC intervention will change Rupert Murdocks mind when it comes to the almighty dollar. Nascar means big $$$ to the network.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod