News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I wanna be, I wanna be like Mike...

Started by Speedballer347, December 25, 2002, 10:58:31 PM

Speedballer347

Talked to Mike Chachere, or ChachaRRa as I like to call him, the other day.
He said he won 27-class, 3-regional, and 2-track championships.......WTF!....WOW!!!! 8)

I wanna be, I wanna..... ;D

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

dave333

Me too, but I think I would look worse than Nicky with the cornrows...  Maybe if I just rode like him?  Nah, he even scared K.Schwantz in T7 at Road Atlanta!!!  Way to go, Mikey!

DanO966

Yep he's got the most (amateur) invested in entry fees last year...lol ;D ;D $$$$$

Yep he's the pimp   :) :)
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

chris_chops

Mike is lucky he got to race the second half of the season after that nasty crash coming off the back  banking at Gateway in july during practice.  He is a hardcore racer and his money invested in entries has only made him faster and more comfortable racer.  These are only my opinions.  It is also my opinion that Gateway sucks and I realise that this is not every ones opinion.  I will not race there this year, but will be going down to bitch about riders safety and try to keep you guys from getting hurt really bad.  I'll work the corners and promote red flags when they are needed, not when they are conveinient for the days schedule.  Brent, help me out here!!!!
Matt  

Super Dave

Mike came to my school a long time ago.  Been nice to have worked with him.  But these things still come down to having the desire, and often times money, to complete the deal.  But Mike didn't have a big trailer, and he didn't have a cake walk either.  Andy Feuerstaller gave him some nice runs.

Gateway?  Not as bad a Charlotte was...
Super Dave

SliderPhoto

To see his off at Gateway and then to see him climb back on his bike that weekend to stay in the race, it says a lot about his dedication and drive! He deserves it! Congrats Mike!

Jeff

Mike's a great racer.  I had a lot of fun dicing with him this last year (even though more often than not I wound up on the losing end).  His hard work, empty pockets and consistency paid off...

Dave, you do need to beat on him though.  He turns around at least twice each lap to see who's behind him.  In one GTU race, at BHF, I timed it right going through 6a and gave him the 1 finger salute while right on his @ss.  It was priceless...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

sdiver68

LOL...that reminds me...

Mike and I were dicing in the MAM ULGP race with another guy for positions 3-5.  Mike turns around to see where I'm at after the final turn on the front straight away.  I guess he forgot the first 1/3 of the straight still has a gentle bend to it, cause next thing you know he's dirt tracking with a 007 type smoke screen being thrown up behind him!

Of course, being a racer, I chalked it up to my pressure on him ;)
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

Hey, I can talk until I'm blue in the face....

But I can't make people listen.

I've been teaching schools since 1993...  I've seen a lot.
Super Dave

Speedballer347

Quote... In one GTU race, at BHF, I timed it right going through 6a and gave him the 1 finger salute while right on his @ss.  It was priceless...
:D
Jef, we think alike.
I was passing Mike on his rightside-draft....he looks over his left shoulder, doesn't see me, then turns to the right to see my finger plastered against his faceshield....I could see him laughing in his helmet ;D
Anyone that can bust a laugh in the middle of a dice, is alright in my book!

Mike's a good racer, a good guy, and a good sport!
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Chef

QuoteLOL...that reminds me...

Mike and I were dicing in the MAM ULGP race with another guy for positions 3-5.  Mike turns around to see where I'm at after the final turn on the front straight away.  I guess he forgot the first 1/3 of the straight still has a gentle bend to it, cause next thing you know he's dirt tracking with a 007 type smoke screen being thrown up behind him!

Of course, being a racer, I chalked it up to my pressure on him ;)

mike mustve been thinking of bhf, like when he did me that way, it was for 4th or 5th (he did it at g'man too) he watch'd me click every gear at bhf from t7 to the chkrd,... i know in street dragging they like to let you know who's in front, kinda rubb it in a lil, he knows youre tryin to draft him  8)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Speedballer347

Quote...Mike is lucky he got to race the second half of the season after that nasty crash coming off the back  banking at Gateway in july during practice.  He is a hardcore racer ...
Chris?/Matt? ;)
I was the guy at Gateway who parked his bike in T8 during the red-flag and helped w/ Mike.
Find me at Gateway, and I'll tell you a funny-azz story about the aftermath of that crash....if you think he's hardcore now, waiti'l you hear this one :D