News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Another newbie with questions.

Started by buellracerMH, January 17, 2006, 04:42:51 PM

251am

QuoteI'm thinking of doing some races this year in the SE region.  I would like to know if it would be smart for me to race.

Yes, it would be smart for you to race. Take the advice given on suspension and tires. Take a look @ a track day that is specific for racer's; VRS or CSS. Get yourself into shape too. The cardio aspect can be pretty intense when the adrenaline get's going. Have fun and good luck.

Where do you find the Fuell mag?

buellracerMH

I was thinking of using the brake pads from EBC, I've read that they were good, at least better then stock.

Trust me I'm in shape I run marathons and I workout just about everyday. And the Fuell mag I get by being a member of BRAG a Buell owners group.

I think I decided on doing the Learning Curves riding school before the April CMP race.  One question on that, will all the races be on Sunday or some of them on Saturaday?  And could I pre-enter for the races or would I have to do the school and then just sign up for races after the school?

HAWK

Don't know about SE but Midwest CCS would not let me enter the Saturday races when I did LRC at Gingerman last October. You register for the Saturday races before the class is over so you will not have your certificate in time for registration. Have fun!
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

PJ

QuoteI was thinking of using the brake pads from EBC, I've read that they were good, at least better then stock.

The EBCs are OK. I ran them for one season. IMO  the Nissins have better feel. They also last longer.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing