jetting first gen. SV

Started by dave_anderson, January 16, 2006, 07:43:33 AM

dave_anderson

Don,
What gearing are you running, I assume you have done some engine mod's to your SV.

dwilson

QuoteDon,
What gearing are you running, I assume you have done some engine mod's to your SV.

03 intake cams and old intakes on the exhaust side, nothing else to the motor.
14/45 sprockets but I want to try a 46 rear.  

dave_anderson

With that set up, did you hit the rev limiter at VIR or Roebling.

grasshopper

Quote03 intake cams and old intakes on the exhaust side, nothing else to the motor.

What kind of power increase did you see with your 03+ cams on the intake and stock intakes on the exhaust?

dwilson

QuoteWhat kind of power increase did you see with your 03+ cams on the intake and stock intakes on the exhaust?

I don't know as I did my jetting, exhaust and filter all at the same time.  I think the cam swap alone should bring 2 or 3 HP.  

Fast4fun

I'm interested to see what your final HP numbers reach. If it's not top secret stuff, of course. I'm going to get my first sv to race this summer and wonder what mods I should or can make in the future. According to RRW a few years ago, they were able to get nearly 90 hp if I remember correctly. ANy thoughts?
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

Protein Filled

I got 94 hp out of mine by installing Megacycle Stage 3 cams, Ti retainers, special valve springs, 41 mm flatslides, a real good porting job, 1mm over high compression JE pistons and Carillo rods.

I had all the motor work done with the stock carbs and airbox and the bike made 86hp. When I installed the flatslides, it made 8 hp more since the bike was not able to breathe properly with the stock intake.

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!