News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Why!!!!!!

Started by 05R6, January 14, 2006, 07:22:37 AM

05R6

They made me go expert  :'(.......

One year of racing and i will be in the mix with those SUPER FAST GUYS............woohoo....

barb_arah

Perhaps it will turn out better than you think.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

clutch

Beacause with CCS double points and twin sprints weekends, it doesnt take a whole lot to meet the 750 point criteria.  Protest it if you dont feel comfortable.  Did you have good finishes?  Championships?

05R6

I had decent finishes i guess...

I only won 1 race all year long...

Overall Class Points:
4th in MW SS
15th in MW SB
3rd in HW SS
49th in HW SB
Classes i mainly ran in.
I did 1 race here and there in a few other classes.

Overall Points:
18th

I guess i shouldn't have done so many races.

Ridgeway

Those sound like pretty decent results to me.
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

H-man

QuoteI had decent finishes i guess...  I only won 1 race all year long...

Overall Points:
18th

I guess i shouldn't have done so many races.        

A sandbagger is born!  ;)

Uh...  BTW.  Just how many races would you expect you should win before you'd have been bumped up?
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Super Dave

I never won a race as an amateur...well, we were novices then.
Super Dave

Jeff

QuoteI never won a race as an amateur...well, we were novices then.

Me neither...  The 1st race I won was as an expert...  And FWIW, I did better as an expert than I expected...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

towelie

yeah, same situation here too. Did too many race and accumulated points. Unintentionally bought my way to become EX...

you can write a letter requesting to stay AM. In my case, I got denied from another org (WERA) to stay AM so I'll have to go EX for CCS.

I've been hearing myths that "you'll shave few seconds off your lap time just by becoming expert"

weggie_man

It has to do with confidence in your fellow racers.

As a first year expert you can trust the other guys to be better, hopefully safer racers and your confidence level goes up each time you're on the track.

You will go faster if you have the confidence in yourself and trust your fellow racers. It's much easier to go deeper into a corner or make a pass on someone if you have the confidence they are not a new racer, fresh out of school, and are going to take your arse out with some stupid move. ;D ;D

Not saying all new racers are stupid, not at all, but c'mon, we've all seen enough weird crap from newbies that you know what I'm talking about.

x2468

thats awesome! u should be proud. u get to tango with the best. i'd be so happy if i moved up to expert. plus it sounds better than amateur if ur talkin to chics.

x2468

how long were u street riding b4 u started racing?