News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Top 10 number system for novices turning experts

Started by Protein Filled, December 20, 2002, 02:10:42 PM

Protein Filled

Just a question/idea/comment here. GLRRA used to give the top nine novices from the previous year the option to run that number with a leading zero as their number for next year. IE: If you finished in first place as an amateur in your region, you get the number "01" as an expert for that next coming season. If you were in second, you get to run "02" for the next season, etc.

CRA is starting to do that this year and I think it's a great reward for doing a full season and putting all that effort as a novice. I could understand the confusion that it might cause if we were still doing it all with hand scoring, but if the rumors are true, we might have transponders next year, so it should not be too hard.

What do you guys think? Is it possible for CCS to also do this?
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

motomadness

Even though I don't qualify for a number plate under your proposed system, I still support it.  It would be great to see during the race, and on the results pages, where the former top amateurs are finishing.

FUBAR606

I think it is a great idea, but I finished 11th...ya think they will let me run "011"  :D

the_weggie_man

So, if James Bond comes out and runs 7th next year, in '04 can he run "007"?

Litespeed

That would be a great idea, but the top 10 amateurs will likely contest the bump and stay amateurs....lol.

bmfgsxr

;D

bmfgsxr

that would be a good incentive for ametures to bump up i think.

BRG

Why don't they just run yellow plate again.

Expert is expert, the days of winning races with 17's, 18's, and 19,s are over. This sould make you just work harder to meet your goals. But, if having a top 10 number on you bike is your goal all you have to do is get your $$$ out and enter all the races.

Why would a new expert want to be highlighted any way?
You may as well just put a target on there back.

Baker

sdiver68

MCRA Race School Instructor

Bam55

Brian, don't bother, you know all of us when becoming  experts after winning with the 17's,18's, and 19's thought we were going to be up front. They will figure it all out soon.  ;D
 Guys, just use your last year number. If you had made any impression on anyone and you change numbers, how are we going to know who you are?