Hello Guest

High dollar racing schools

• 35 Replies

Protein Filled

+34/-32
  • Quote: Edgar is trouble! I am hanging out with him
Re: High dollar racing schools
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 03:12:17 pm »
Now back to disagreeing with everything Edgar says....

Well, since you put it that way...

hey everyone, K3 is not a flaming fag who likes little boys!!!
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

H-man

+12/-1
  • Really. My avatar is serious.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 04:33:58 pm »
hey everyone, K3 is not a flaming fag who likes little boys!!!

Aaaaaaaaaah!

Hey K3, ever wonder why I haven't called ya about next month's banquet ;)
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

K3 Chris Onwiler

• They were good gerbils, and they gave me much pleasure.
    +207/-141
  • Hours to build, seconds to destroy...
    • HIGHSIDE!
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 04:53:30 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaah!

Hey K3, ever wonder why I haven't called ya about next month's banquet ;)

You should stay with Edgar.  He likes the dark meat....
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

H-man

+12/-1
  • Really. My avatar is serious.
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 07:14:13 pm »
You should stay with Edgar.  He likes the dark meat....

Based on the comments of a certain someone at Gingerman, he aint the only one 8) :-*
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

K3 Chris Onwiler

+207/-141
    • HIGHSIDE!
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2005, 03:02:18 am »
Who was that stunning black lady you brought along to G-Man the one time?  THAT was my idea of hot chocolate.  I thought she was your girlfriend, but then you thought Rhiannon was MY girlfriend.  (Nicest thing you've ever said to me!)  I think we both gave each other too much credit!

On the other hand, I've never seen Edgar with a woman.  Rumor has it he pays them to sit on his lap, (probably just for appearence's sake) but otherwise I've never seen or heard any evidence that would lead me to believe he's the least bit hetero.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

K3 Chris Onwiler

+207/-141
    • HIGHSIDE!
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2005, 03:05:49 am »
Oops!  I just realised that talking about Edgar's sexuality here constitutes a THREAD JACK!  ;D
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Super Dave

• I hate salad...
    +1261/-454
  • I'm the ghost with the most...
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2005, 04:43:59 am »

Dave can you tell me more about your "Racer University"?

Thread redirect...LOL!   8)

Well, how long do we have...

I've put on so many different programs...

First, I'm not any kind of naturally gifted rider.  So, I learned everything by being stubborn and trying to absorb everything.  There are things that I absorbed but didn't originally understand.  I try to demistify a whole lot of stuff.  

I try to put a rider into a different mindset that removes some of the focus away from some of the more traditional aspects that others like to focus on.  Many reasons for it, one is to remove pressure.  

It's always a "your mileage may vary" aspect though.  Some riders execute some things well.  Others don't.  I customize my programs to focus on the stuff that you have issues with...and to focus a rider on what they do execute correctly.

Example:  I've had riders that actually know how to ride a motorcycle well.  However, their bike has had so many issues that if we could clean up how it suspends itself though a corner, they can do things better...then new issues arise.  But until you stair step up, you don't know what there is.

Some riders have such convoluted riding ideology that they are just a mess.  Some of those riders need to be tasked with reduntant drills to focus on for most of the day so that they can get a really bad habit to go away.

Not to take away from the Supersport thread...LOL...but there are so many ways to cheat the learning process and get moving quicker...

That, ultimately, is a money saver all by itself.

Yes, I give on going support.  Some use it.  Some don't.  Some riders I have to walk up to and ask when the hel1 they forgot how to ride?  Road racing can be extraordinarily painful, financially as we know, but I think it's more painful emotionally.  

That give you some answers?
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Super Dave

addicted2danger

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2005, 10:03:51 am »
YES.  I think that answers some questions.  If I understand you, the idea is to figure out what a racer needs to work on and focus on those things first.  The example you used probably fits my situation.  I've got over 10 years street experience and I've watched racing for most of those years.  I feel like I understand the mechanics of racing pretty good, but I rode my completely-street TLR last year and I feel like I fought it the whole season.  I'm working on buying Doc Stein's SV650 for next year, so I'll probably need some time on it to figure out EXACTLY WHAT I need to work on.  
    Oh ya....I read your bio on the Visionmotorsports page and it seems that you and I have almost identical eye-ball issues.  I have less than 20/40 sight out of my left eye even with the best glasses I can get.  My peripheral is perfect, but I have no focusing ability.  My right eye is 20/20 uncorrected and the depth perception thing is something I never thought about, but after thinking about it, I'm sure that you and I "see distance" differently than most people.
Well, I'm interested in working with you at some point, so I'll be looking forward to those class dates being announced.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

K3 Chris Onwiler

+207/-141
    • HIGHSIDE!
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2005, 02:31:32 pm »
Hey Andy!  I remember working with you a bit at STT Autobahn!  Welcome to the circus!
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

addicted2danger

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2006, 05:13:34 am »
Thanks Chris.  Still trying to figure out who everyone is with screen names, but you're infamous!!  The boards seem like a great place to keep learning in the off-season.  Can't wait 'till spring!!!
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

goldwing70

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2006, 02:55:25 pm »
[quote
If I were going to do a school, other than my own, I'd do American Supercamp or Ed Bargy's Race School.[/quote]

This got me thinking about Bargy since I was going to be there anyway.  I was kind of bumming about having to share a track day with a school, but after Dave's recommendation, I signed up instead.  Thanks Dave!
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Super Dave

• I hate salad...
    +1261/-454
  • I'm the ghost with the most...