News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Holly WAhhh my boss is gonna crap!

Started by DanO966, December 18, 2002, 04:19:39 PM

DanO966

QuoteHahhahahha 40 days??  Holy sheezus.  How in the hell did you get 40????  I calculated 14.

I only said 25-30 days... ;)
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

GSXR RACER MIKE

When I would race at Heartland Park I use to race 6 classes, 2 on Sat./4 on Sun. and would drive home Sunday night. I would leave the track by 5:30p.m. and would drive 9 hours to my buddies house and unload all his stuff at 2:30a.m. then drive another 45 min. to my house and unload my stuff, sleep 2 hours, then go to work for 10 hours. Mabey wasn't the smartest move being that I am a Tool & Die Maker and work around all kinds of heavy machinery, but it all worked out. Did that a few times (and sure paid for it the next couple days) but didn't have to take any extra days off work and was not physically drained until after the weekend was over with so I was able to race safely.
   It also helps if you have someone else to drive/help drive on the way home but in my case my buddy couldn't drive (he did some agricultural racing to the concrete barrier) so I had to drive the whole way while he slept most of it. The other times I went I was alone so I had to drive no matter what.
   Just one example of the stupid things I have done to go racing!!!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

OmniGLH

QuoteI only said 25-30 days... ;)

Uh huh ya sure Dan, whatever... whatever...

;)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

Sleep?  

Ok, I'm an iron man.  LOL!  

I lived in Omaha, Nebraska most of my life.  The closest track was Blackhawk Farms at 442 miles away.  Next, was the old Gateway, Brainerd, Hallett, and Second Creek (Denver).  When I did AMA Pro stuff, everything was better because I could get to pretty much anywhere in 24 hours:  Loudon, Daytona, Sears Point, and Phoenix were all about 1500 miles.

Traveling was always part of the game.  Half the fun of doing it.  Restaruaunts, rest stops, and gas stations.  You would just come up with ritual places that you would go year after year after year.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

I agree with Super Dave that the traveling is part of the game too. I have taken the risk of traveling alone, then racing, many times and even though it may not be all that safe it was better than the other option (not racing at all). I too have ritualistic places I stop at for gas/food/lodging and all to familiar credit card bills to boot. No more credit cards for racing though, that gets down right out of control!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Bernie

I have underestimated the amount of time required to arrive at the track and get a decent night's sleep prior to racing.  EVERY time I get a crappy night sleep prior to a track event, I end up pitching my bike down the track. :-[  Always leave early enough to get there, get set up and get some sleep!!