News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Making supersport...supersport

Started by damico, December 09, 2005, 05:34:46 PM

Zac

Quoteavailable supersport mods. exhaust, fork internals, rear shock, bodywork, steering stabilizer. no modifying of motor or lightening of anything. no overbores, must retain stock displacement. raise the SS fees only $10 per race to cover dyno and scales, on a 12 race year thats only $120, much cheaper than $2000 worth of engine work just to be competitive in a class that should have no motor work. I averaged 3 weekends at random and out of the 4 SS classes am and ex there where about 110 riders. this would give ccs $1100 a weekend to cover either local rental or purchasing dyno and scales. only the top 3 riders would be tested. have HP to weight ratios not just numbers this would allow for bikes that weigh more and have more hp to also compete. the bottom line is I think racers would rather pay just a little more for stricter rules that would allow them to have closer racing and less expense on motors. lets take vote. Who likes building motors for SS racing? I thought that is what suberbike and all the other classes were for. trick wheels, gas tanks,titanium this and that. even race gas should not be allowed in SS.

Horsepower enforcement and SS rules are two entirely different things.  

If horsepower limits were imposed on a SS class, what would you do to the guy with the showroom stock bike that makes too much power?  Or the guy that feels justified to make mods because he's 20 HP down.

-z.

Super Dave

QuoteHorsepower enforcement and SS rules are two entirely different things.  -z.

Agree.
Super Dave

mike_gantz

you have the rules, and you enforce the rules with the dyno and scales. similar to the Fusa. not a hard concept

mike_gantz

the guy that is over hp would have to add some weight to not be disqualified. the guy that is 20hp less might need to make sure he has all his plug wires on.

r6_philly

Quotethe guy that is over hp would have to add some weight to not be disqualified. the guy that is 20hp less might need to make sure he has all his plug wires on.

the difference between a 99 F4i and a 06 636 in power is probably more than 20hp. if you are going to enforce hp then you can't limit mods so everyone has a fair chance of obtaining that hp.

on that subject, how is a 636 fair compare to the other 600's? why can't the other bikes bore to 636? oh wait that wouldn't be ss legal...

and who says SS can't have motor work, you can still do work to the motor and stay within SS rules. For that matter if you ported and/or used tricker bottom end how are they going to find out unless you get torn down?

Check displacement and TB/airbox is the obvious way to spot something, but much beyond that is way way hard...

I guess the current rules are there for a reason, most pratical. I still think older bikes should have more flexibility, such as twins and triples do because the obvious disadvantage (like it or not)  :-/

mike_gantz

horsepower to weight ratio. and allow slight mods so all current bikes can be competitive. but we can not try to keep all bikes SS competitive. if you want to run an old bike than go race another class. you can not make the rules so a 1992 ex500 is competitive with a 2006 sv650. doesnt make sense

damico

Can you guys read? The main point of this is not HP and cheating. It is a fully kitted bike that qualifies for ss. For example: Carbon fiber  gas tank and body work, brembo m/c, Ti axles and a quickshifter would still make a bike legal in SS in the current rule book. There will always be cheating, but to be honest if someone has a 3mm motor in ss are they for sure going to beat me? I'll just have to ride a little harder. I don't think big tear downs in tech are the way to go nor do I want to see that. But the things I am pointing out are pretty obvious for the most part.  Some of you may not believe this but a bike that weighs 20lbs less than your +20hp cheater bike with the same rider on it will be faster around most tracks.

kvanengen

How many of you really understood what this topic was about? I say about five of you. Now we know why nothing ever gets changed, because everyone would rather b*tch and criticize each other than help the cause. Dave R. was right to say it is too late to change it for next year. Let's all stop twisting everyone's words around, forget this whole thing and find something better to do with our lives.  I hope everyone has a great holiday and best of luck to you all next year!!!

Team-G

Jason/Kevin--

Off the subject, but give me a call or shoot me an email on the new gig so I can help get the word out.

weggie_man

Yep, your point is understood by the people here. Things always just go off on other tangents on any board.

So how hard would it be for everyone involved to just send (individually) a message to Kevin that you think he needs to sit down and take a good look at the SS rules. If anyone feels they have some good input into how to change them feel free to add that.

Yes, the rule books are probably at the printer or already printed but it's not too late for an amendment to the book. It could happen with enough input.

grasshopper

How about someone schedules or sets up a meeting, and everyone talks person to person (ROUND TABLE STYLE) about the issue or issues. I'm talking actual racers, that care. Come to some what of an agreement, put it all on paper and/or an email and then send it to Kevin?

We can call it a POW WOW!

Someone seriously schedule it! Make it at a cafe, a bar, town hall, SOMEWHERE!!!

We spend alot of our hard earned money on our passion called motorcycle racing. I'm sure a night talking and actually writing some good ideas down together would solve alot.

Mr. Damico?

Mr. Rosno?

Weggie_man?

Kvanengen?

Anyone else with alot of knowledge about club racing or motorcycle racing in general, get together, organize something.

I'm still quite new to the group, as lots of people are, but I'd be willing to show up and give my input as well. As alot of others will.

I can tell you one thing, we will get more accomplished talking face to face rather than typing on the internet.

Sincerely,

Nick

weggie_man

Interesting idea.....there just may be an opportunity for such a meeting on January 7th........ ;D ;D