New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Making supersport...supersport

Started by damico, December 09, 2005, 05:34:46 PM

Super Dave

Ok, so, who's writing a rules proposal?
Super Dave

WebCrush

he did a whole bunch last year, one race there were almost all 11's.

I'm trying to find another link, all I've found is this one so far:  http://www.lrrsracing.com/results/2005/results07232405/laps/sun6Lap.pdf

WebCrush

here's another: http://www.lrrsracing.com/results/2005/results08060705/laps/Sat14Lap.pdf

also to note that he's doing the 11's on a 600 where the previous fast times used to be on 750s

Steviebee

QuoteProtests...first, each tech should have a whistler that will give the engine displacement without tear down.  Remove plug, insert, turn over.  Easy.

Uh ? what is this ?

WebCrush

QuoteUh ? what is this ?

simple tool to measure cylinder displacement through the sparkplug hole

Steviebee

i got that, but i never seen one or hear of one,  got a link to one somehwere ?

WebCrush

google is your friend. :D

(hard to find, but its out there)

Super Dave

Super Dave

Super Dave

Quotei went faster on my 1k than on my 600, back to back at the same event by several seconds.

Jason DiSalvo  Formula Xtreme 1:41.646
Jason DiSalvo Superstock 1:40.465

I think you need more set up time.... ;D
Super Dave

mike_gantz

available supersport mods. exhaust, fork internals, rear shock, bodywork, steering stabilizer. no modifying of motor or lightening of anything. no overbores, must retain stock displacement. raise the SS fees only $10 per race to cover dyno and scales, on a 12 race year thats only $120, much cheaper than $2000 worth of engine work just to be competitive in a class that should have no motor work. I averaged 3 weekends at random and out of the 4 SS classes am and ex there where about 110 riders. this would give ccs $1100 a weekend to cover either local rental or purchasing dyno and scales. only the top 3 riders would be tested. have HP to weight ratios not just numbers this would allow for bikes that weigh more and have more hp to also compete. the bottom line is I think racers would rather pay just a little more for stricter rules that would allow them to have closer racing and less expense on motors. lets take vote. Who likes building motors for SS racing? I thought that is what suberbike and all the other classes were for. trick wheels, gas tanks,titanium this and that. even race gas should not be allowed in SS.

damico

Ok this may have gotten blown out of proportion. First would Ed still win races on a stock bike? Damn right he would! And I didn' t call him a cheater, like I said he made a bike to highlight the gray areas. I think it is crazy that his bike has ram air and is legal. And a ss 600 can have carbon bodywork, a brembo radial m/c, and a full Ti kit. Thats the part of the rules that I think suck.  Ok some of this comes out of jealousy, and I can't afford to keep up with the Jones'(money wise, jerks  ;)). But looking at a new guy coming into the sport who is not quite competitve and has a shoestring budget, it can be pretty fustrating to see this superbike kit ss next to him on the line. For the lightweight stuff the rules need to be rewtitten to ensure a Key bike is not legal. For the other classes if there was just some type of real Tech, a real inspection or rules in place to make it reasonably close to real ss. Yes people are still going to cheat. And just because people have gotten complacent and not been protesting each other does not mean the system works.
 I have been reading everyones comments about rules and keeping some notes and if I feel I have an idea that is fair and easy enough to enforce I will jot it down and let ya'll take a look and comment on it. If everyone likes (or doesn't b*tch) we could at least show it to the powers that be and see what they think and refine it from there.  

Super Dave

Totally agreed, Jason.  

Write it up, post it, etc., please.  

I understand your point.  Ed ain't no cheater.  But Ed has the time, resources, and opportunity to follow the rules as they are written.  Most recognize that the intention of supersport is not in the current rules structure.
Super Dave