Tech and race schedules

Started by ecumike, March 20, 2002, 09:33:25 AM

ecumike

Got a silly question...
There's 1 race I would do on Sat. (#7 - mw sportsman)  and it's not until ~3p... Tech opens 7a... so I would make a trip to the track, tech at 7a, and sit around till ~3p, race for 20 min, and go home... so the silly question is, do we HAVE to tech in the morning.. or say.. can I show up after lunch, get teched and race my race.

I'm not trying to sound like a little b*tch, but I'd rather not make a whole day out of it just for one 20 min race (it's my first one)... and no I don't have the $$ to also race the 2 contigency races on Sat.... But I will be there on Sun racing all 3 LW races.

Cut me some slack.. I'm a virgin to this stuff.

Arnziffel

Did you forget about practice!
At least two sessions

r6_philly

Yes, you forgot your practice sessions.

Tech do open allday, but I think you have to get there before 9am to registration to pick up your papers even if you did pre-enter.

I think most racer get to the track at 7am, even the lazy ones like me :)

ecumike

OH yea,.. I'll be there all day Fri. practicing, so I wasn't worried about the ones on Sat.

I guess, I'll quit being a baby, do the AM practices and hang out all day for my race.

GStar

You don't have to just sit around all day, watch some races! I'm sure at some point in your life you must have enjoyed watching races as a spectator. And if your new to this stuff it'd be a good idea to walk anround, mingle, and suck in some of the pit life racing atmosphere. You'll probally be more busy than you think.

ecumike

yea, I know... it's just now that I DO ride, when I'm at the track I wanna be riding, not watching.  I've got the damn addiction.

r6_philly

I found watching the expert races greatly helps my riding. Especially when I see that they blaze through a section I usually back of :)

THE_D.O.C.

ecu mike, watch the races. you'll go faster. ;)

ecumike

Yea, good idea guys, I figure I'll go watch at the turns where I have trouble, and see how and what lines the good guys take.