News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Kawasaki 650 Twin

Started by BlueRidgePerformance, November 17, 2005, 07:33:09 AM

grasshopper

I have spy pictures of brand new one. I'll download them later. I spotted one here in Japan. My co-workers are tired of me, all I talk about is motorcycles.

grasshopper

Straight from Japan spie pictures, personally, I don't like it, I'll stick to my SV.

I thought for a second the guys at the shop were going to drag me out of their because everyone came out to the show room to see what was going on.

I about flipped out, I was like STOP THE CAR STOP THE CAR!!!! I HAVE TO GO BACK AND TAKE PICTURES AND CHECK OUT THAT BIKE. My Coworkers hate me :(

BlueRidgePerformance

Thanks, that's the Euro nakid verson. I find it pretty fuggly.The 650R's are supposed to start hitting the showrooms this week.
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft

jamesredsv

That thing will take a ton of work to get race ready if it is even possible. Just a few things from the pics, how are you going to take off the passenger pegs and keep the rider pegs, they are all one unit. Hack saw? How much would aftermarket rearsets cost, even if they could make them. Looks like a heavy steel swingarm, junk shock(which the SV has as well). Worse forks than the SV.The steel frame isnt even close to being as strong or light as an SV. A parallel twin sucks compaired to a V-twin. Exhaust? You are going to have to core the stock one for now. The only thing I can find on it worth anything for racing is the wave rotors?  Hehehe Looks like the price of used SV are going to be holding steady!

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Don't be so quick to judge a book by its cover! Who knows it could be an Ed Key beating formula!! ;D

Hell if I rode it I would leave the stock pegs on for fun!
For a second there I thought I would have to break out the old White LP stand to put it on a pedistal but it came with swingarm spool nuts welded to the swingarm!!  :D
I'm sold!!

Passenger grab rails make great plate hangers too!!
-Farrell
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

BlueRidgePerformance

First off, as I said that's the naked verson. Vortex,Attack, and others already are working on rearsets.The new dyno charts are coming out from the various exhaust manufactures. With a full system the numbers are very close to a SV with the same.
No comment on the 300lb 100hp SS SV ::)
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft

andy342

I wonder if a shortened KTM dirtbike shock would fit that thing.  

We sell parts for KTMs all day, though.  Who knows if it would be cost effective to come up with valving and springs for this bike.

BlueRidgePerformance

Just wanted to give a quick update.
I picked one of mine up yesterday, only had a little daylight to run my first run. First impression is very good. The 650R is fast and responsive. Turns very quickly, in stock trim.
I've raced SV's for 4 years, and I fell the Kawi is as good, or better, in stock trim. Most reports from the exhaust manufactures show a 6+ hp gain with a full system.Add a FI management system and you good to go. :)

tengonada

The SV is gonna spank the cowasaki....hands down...no contest

RCR_531

I can't wait to see what the rear sets are going to look like the stock ones are huge. I liked the rest of the bike I will be getting mine Feb.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

BlueRidgePerformance

QuoteThe SV is gonna spank the cowasaki....hands down...no contest
Would you like to donate say $50 to the Wegman Fund if they don't?

BlueRidgePerformance

QuoteI can't wait to see what the rear sets are going to look like the stock ones are huge. I liked the rest of the bike I will be getting mine Feb.
There are a couple of ideas right now.
One is to make adapter plates and use 600RR rearsets. I'm sending a bunch of oem parts off mine to Vortex, so the can work on design.
Stockers weigh 4lbs each :o