News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New site... want opinions / comments

Started by cyclesnatch, November 15, 2005, 01:46:32 PM

cyclesnatch

QuoteTHANK YOU!  I'll fix that one. One of the most impressive feature OF my search mechanism is that is DOES remember all your settings. I simply forgot to trigger the memory in that instance. Appreciated.
Bryan

Humm... actually that functionality IS already there. Not sure how you lost your search settings when clicking the 2 stroke's "What's This" link. Let me know if you can reproduce it, and if so... which browser you're using. I use cookies to hold the search settings... so keep that in mind.

gma

impressive how your mind works ... i admire your hustle.

i'm a big fan of 'open browser in new window' for 'what's this' options.

off to 'work'. i'll give it a go again later.

i wish you well.

g

Green_Knight

QuoteI'm hoping for at least a tidbit of positive reinforcement about the search mechanism. Can ANYONE but me really see how cool it is to be able to actually specify "Track Bike Only" along with "Year", "Make", "Model" and such... or maybe just select "Displacement" if you're open minded about which brand you're going to ride? And for us 2 smokers... the ability to search on "2 Stroke"?

Are there any other sites that have done it that you know of? When you are looking for a race bike (or even a street ride)... do you not have a very specific idea in mind about what you are looking for?

Just trying to get a feel for whether anyone is on board with me here  :o

I'll do my part to make it less of a hassle to get into.

I like all the selection options.   Would be awsome if there were some more bikes, but that will come with time.

cyclesnatch

Alrighty then... due to popular demand, the flood gates have come down. I've retrofitted the site to be COMPLETELY OPEN to anyone not signed in. CREATING ads, SAVING to your HOTLIST, and CONTACTING sellers are the only things now which require having a profile and signing in.

I also pulled back on the babes pix on the front page to further de-emphasize the T&A factor since it wasn't really ever the main point of the site anyway. You only find them if you go looking for them. I only use the girls as a humorous marketing tool... given the name of the site (which came first, trust me!).

Everyone on board now?  ;D  If so please spread the word and let's try to get some ads in there.... given it's the most powerful bike search engine on the planet (no one has refuted that claim yet).

http://www.cyclesnatch.com  Let the games begin.

Team-G

QuoteEveryone on board now?  ;D

http://www.cyclesnatch.com  Let the games begin.

I'll get my five 4-sale bikes on it this weekend once I finalize pics and let you know the responses I get.

cyclesnatch

QuoteI'll get my five 4-sale bikes on it this weekend once I finalize pics and let you know the responses I get.

Thank you, good sir!  I'm not expecting that you'll see a ton of responses immediately since we're in our infancy... it's a "catch-22". I'm trying to bring up 2 parts of the equation simultaneously:

- I can't increase viewers if I don't have ads (although this is the prime reason for the image gallery don'tcha know)

- I can't increase ads if I don't have viewers

So.... hang in there as it all comes together slowly but surely. Any word of mouth y'all can provide (even in other forums) is priceless.

I've recently been mentioned in Hot Bike Magazine (Nov, 2005), and most recently Two Wheel Tuner Mag (the one on stands now)... so people are starting to take notice. I need ads for the new eyeballs!