CBR 900 RR--what class?

Started by clutch, December 14, 2002, 04:06:48 PM

clutch

I am new to this and just a question for the future. What class would a 1999 CBR 900 RR run in? No motor mods, just exhaust, stage one jets in the carbs, brake rotors (front-to accomidate the 17inch front wheel conversion).  Thought I would ask some experienced riders here.  If I read it right, it would be Unlimited Supersport for amateur/expert.  Thanks a lot.

Sean

OmniGLH

The only two that I can think of  is Unlimited SS and Unlimited GP.  I think 900cc is too big for the Heavyweight class...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

r1owner

I'm pretty sure GTO.....

AND

Stunting! ;)

Speedballer347

Wheelies, eNdos and highchairs  8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Bart #72

Yep also GTO, unlimited SS and unlimited GP
Need paint or  Race / Track bodywork?  PM or email me at dcpaintworx@gmail.com for pricing on Armour Bodies bodywork.

Super Dave

For a starter race bike, it wouldn't be a great choice.

It won't equate to faster lap times, as it will be a handful for even and expert racer.

And let's talk about a tire bill, the thing that will cost as much as a bike, but you end up with a pile of rubber.

I noticed that you're looking at a carb kit, but you're not talking about an aftermarket rear shock or fork work, let alone having correct rate springs installed.

That will really make the difference.  

Do you have the bike yet?  Or is it all just an idea?
Super Dave

clutch

Carb Kit?  I have been running this bike on the track for quite some time now.  

Super Dave

QuoteCarb Kit?  I have been running this bike on the track for quite some time now.  

Carb kit...yes, looks like from your above post you've got a "stage 1" jet kit.  Same difference.

Ok, so you've got the bike, so it's paid for.

Have you done any suspension work?
Super Dave

Frank_Angel

clutch

clutch

Frank_Angel

http://www.xsba.com/

Seriously, you can run it in the following classes:

Unlimited Supersport
Unlimited GP
GTO

clutch

LOL--yeah..that was a good one..but not my style..I would probably flip it right onto my ass.