News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone feeling H0SED???

Started by dicatirider944, October 20, 2005, 08:47:54 PM

kmf600

Don't forget that some electricity is made from deisel.  Trucks and tractors are not the only thing that run on deisel.  The thing is, they say there is a supply problem, but the top three oil companies are in the top 5 richest companies in the world.  I think I read that, if not the top 5 it is the top 10.  Ho wcan they justify charging so much on fuel, when they are making trillions of dollars a year?  
You know if you think $3.00 a gallon is expensive, Iread in Playboy that a quart of seamen is $30,000.

Super Dave

They should have all that money.  

What would happen if there was no gas or diesel?

The nearest food store is nine miles from my house.  

I can't help you recognize the infrastructure needed to do the work to bid on product, aquire it, transport it, refine it, and distribute it.  If it was easy, someone else would do it.  

Having gas and diesel isn't a right either.  it has to be bought.  You don't stay in business by loosing money either.  
Super Dave

kmf600

Wel I guess since we have to have gas, we should pay at least $100/ drop.  This kind of falls into the catagory of the electrical companies being able to charge what they wanted for electricity.  At some point the government stepped in and said if you don't solve this problem we will.  I don't agree with the government getting invloved, but when a company is making trillions of dollars a year on something they know everyone needs to basically to stay alive(heat oil, fuel for electricity, many other things)  It sounds a little like gouging to me.  This is America, they can charge what they want, but don't try to tell me they can't make a half a trillion dollars instead a full trillion and get by.

Super Dave

Ok, so are you in favor of minimum wage?
Super Dave

Jeff

Last night I drove through Lannon and almost sh1t myself when I saw diesel at $3.89...  Regular gas right now is $2.39.  I don't know what the deal is, that was only one station.  I just hope it's not a sign of what's to come in the next couple of weeks.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Demand for gasoline is down.  Kids are in school and families are not traveling.  Price goes down.

Diesel...well, everything still has to be shipped.  Toylands' have to be constructed, the Gulf Coast is pounded and supplies are shipping from all over.  Demand is high and as a result...
Super Dave

dicatirider944

QuoteOk, so are you in favor of minimum wage?
There is a minimum wage right now but I don't know of anyone working for it.  I'm not saying people shouldn't make profits.  He11, I'm a business owner my self and like profits as well.  But this is price fixing not a suppy and demand issue.  There is plenty of suppy, experts say that we have enough oil for the next 65 years and some even say that we have more than that.  I saw a program on the discovery channel with a guy that had a lot of credentials and was talking about how we haven't even touched the amount of oil in the ground, how plates move and oil pops right back to a well that was dry 20 years ago.  Remember about 10 years ago cereal got up over $5 a box and the gov't stepped in and cereal dropped to about $2.50 a box? Now it is up to about $3.  Gee all those comanies like Quaker oats and General mills are still in business and making a profit.  Price fixing is illegal and that is my point here.  I'm glad that you like to agree with what is going on here with fuel prices,  The beauty of America is being able to voice your own opinion.  And my opinion is this is price fixing.  Yeah I have to pay the prices to keep my company going and will continue to do so.  The fact of the matter is I'm no different from any other business owner, eat the cost up front and pass the costs down to you!  That was my whole point here. get people to realize that they are paying for this outragous diesel prices even if all the vehicles they own are gas.  The only way you can get things to change are to unite people to say NO! than the gov't will have to do something about it.  Supply and demand aren't controling the fuel prices, three oil companies are.  BTW on the way back from Nebraska this weekend gas was $2.17 in Des Moines but diesel was still $3.39? :o

Super Dave

Wanna talk price fixing.

In this goofy state I moved to, Wisconsin, they have this law called the minimum mark up law.  Was developed in the 20's or 30's.

Anyway, gasoline has to be marked up from the wholesaler 9%.  The retailer has to mark it up 9% from there.  It's the law.  

I agree there's more oil to be had, but many of the tree hugging groups have lobbied against that.  

Price fixing?  Don't know.  China?  How do you control that to maintain our supply?  You've got to compete against an economy that has a huge need for a product, and the country you compete against doesn't pay it's workers nearly anything.  

I'm sure there's "cheaper oil" out there, but show me how there is any volume in it?  Prices for gasoline in Europe are up too...
Super Dave

dicatirider944

QuoteI agree there's more oil to be had, but many of the tree hugging groups have lobbied against that.  

I do have to laugh at this! a couple of years ago when OSB went thru the roof becuase of the hurricane(another price fix scam! We got one of the supply reps drunk at a trade meeting and he was nice enough to inform us that "all the OSB sent to Florida wouldn't suppy the Cedar Rapids market for two weeks!" he went on to tell us "think about it, how many sheets of OSB it takes to build one house, now how many sheets does it take to just board up the windows in that same house?") the tree hugs had a few of their finest advicts protesting up in a tree for two months, they had a big article in the local paper and a picture of the two girls living in the tree.  In the picture the two girls are shown 100' off the ground in a big redwood tree in a shelter made from can you guess?  OSB!!!!

tzracer

QuoteWanna talk price fixing.

In this goofy state I moved to, Wisconsin, they have this law called the minimum mark up law.  Was developed in the 20's or 30's.

Anyway, gasoline has to be marked up from the wholesaler 9%.  The retailer has to mark it up 9% from there.  It's the law.  

1939, it was to prevent large companies from putting the small guy out of business.

The wholesaler has a minimum markup of 3% and the retailer an additional 6%, for a total markup of about 9.18% over what the wholesaler paid.

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=43568
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

Good link, Brian.  I had 9% in my head.  
Super Dave