Started by HAWK, October 18, 2005, 01:41:06 AM

HAWK

Could someone please help me understand how the points system works?

I just completed my first day of racing with CCS Midwest division at Gingerman 10/9/05. I raced in LW F40, ULW Superbike and LW Superbike. I understand that this was a double points day and understand the points that I received in those races. What I'm having trouble with is the fact that I was awarded points in LW GP and GT Lights as well. I did not race in these classes.

Furthermore the sum of all the classes in which I ACTUALLY competed was 304, the sum of all the classes I was awarded points in was 510 (including the classes I didn't race but was awarded points in), and  my total in the overall points standings is 404.

Does all this reflect a clerical error? If so I'm sure there are a couple racers who would be a little happier if they were corrected.

Paul
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

G-reg

The overall standings doesn't include points from every race you're in.. I think its only LW, MW, HW, UL SS/SB, plus the GT and GP races..  So the F-40 races, ULW races, thunderbike, and supertwins aren't counted in overall.  I'm pretty sure thats how it goes anyways.
--Greg
MW EX#84

a13x

Hey Paul,

Didn't know you were racing your new Hawk. How'd it go man. Throw up a Report on the Hawk list or the Hawkforum. Love to read it.

-alex
maberacing.com

HAWK

First time out, ever, had a great time. I did my Learning Curves School the Oct 7,8 weekend at Gingerman and raced Sunday. Mid-pack in ULW-SB and LW-F40 then ran in LW-SB for the track time. Got stomped for hp in LW-SB but managed to shave a second and a half off my best lap so well worth the entry fee. I'll post some pics and stuff up to the Hawk Forum next season once I start getting up to speed (and a prettier paint job).

Nice hearing from you again.

Paul
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413